F.Herbiie

Coop Gamemode - FOB Operations

U0HI51W.png

I'm releasing a new COOP game mode, a simple capture the island style of game mode in which players sweep towns and villages for weapons caches to destroy. This game mode was only made possible through the Night Operations Framework.

We're current public testing with v0.1.1 - looking for bugs but more importantly gameplay tweaks (most systems should work fine). Look for the public playtest server!

FOB Operations in a cooperative counter insurgency game mode, based loosely on the old Insurgency mission for Arma 2. The FIA have turned against NATO forces and have launched an insurgency campaign against them. As Everon is a crucial naval base, NATO are determined to bring a swift end to the insurgency.

The FIA operate using a system of weapons caches in every town. If these caches are destroyed, the insurgency will soon run out of steam and Everon will be secure. Search each town for caches - they can be in buildings or hidden in the environment. The FIA have a strong presence in every town, so you will have to fight your way building to building to complete your sweep.

FOB Operations includes:

- Arsenal crate and loadout saving for use with mods

- Prepared loadouts with more ammunition/bandages etc. than standard

- Killing enemies will drop hint markers on the map to give a rough idea of where the cache is for that town

- Cache crates have an action on them to attach a satchel with a 30s fuse, or caches can be destroyed with explosives from mods

- Caches spawn in random locations, leaving and re-entering a town will move the cache location

- Using the Dynamic Spawn Framework, AI will only spawn in when you approach a town and the more players you have, the more AI will spawn.

Known Issues:

- On player join the command vehicle spawnpoint marker is at the FOB even if the vehicle is deployed elsewhere

Changelog

v0.1.1

- Added garbage manager

v0.1.2

- Removed vehicles from garbage collector

- Changed case of crate prefab names to hopefully fix hints

v0.1.4

- Increased size of Defend radiuses and patrols

Videos

For some reason my recordings from Reforger are really choppy, but here goes anyway!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I´m having a blast with your mission, F.Herbiie! A pity Reforger doesn´t supports (yet!) AI teammates, but nonetheless, even on solo I can manage to enjoy it a lot 😃
Since tha last Reforger update (last week) I can´t save the custom loadouts, is it on my end or on everybodys? (if an update doesn´t breaks up the better mods, it ain´t a Bohemia game lol) 

Cheers and Kudos! 😃

Thanks for sharing, I would like to play it with my friends and therefore tested it today solo and had the following problems.

- Custom loadout saves are not possible (as mentioned already from corporal_lib)
- no hints for weapon cache on killing enemies

- probably no weapon cache spawned at all*

*Tried for a very long time to find it with normal play, then I gave me admin rights on my server and searched for it with GameMaster, was not able to find it. Tried Provins and Chotain. 

On 7/27/2022 at 11:30 AM, Posenpaul said:

Thanks for sharing, I would like to play it with my friends and therefore tested it today solo and had the following problems.

- Custom loadout saves are not possible (as mentioned already from corporal_lib)
- no hints for weapon cache on killing enemies

- probably no weapon cache spawned at all*

*Tried for a very long time to find it with normal play, then I gave me admin rights on my server and searched for it with GameMaster, was not able to find it. Tried Provins and Chotain. 

Try updating, crates definitely spawn!

Will look into hints, there should be a 10% chance on each kill.

Not sure about loadouts, could be that they're not working in singleplayer

Hi Herbiie, Thanks for this it is working ok on my server no loadout save though, I have a couple of requests though. 1 /  could the bodies stay around for a bit longer so we have a chance to get our kit back. 2/  is there a way for a arsenal box to spawn when the command vehicle is deployed.

It all works well for us  on a dedicated server.

Edited by Dead-Again
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, Dead-Again said:

Hi Herbiie, Thanks for this it is working ok on my server no loadout save though, I have a couple of requests though. 1 /  could the bodies stay around for a bit longer so we have a chance to get our kit back. 2/  is there a way for a arsenal box to spawn when the command vehicle is deployed.

It all works well for us  on a dedicated server.

Hi, sorry for the late reply I've taken a bit of a break.

I'm looking into making the command vehicle and arsenal crate!

• Like 1

Thanks F.Herbiie for the great mod. Been enjoying it on our server with the rest of the gang for a couple of weeks now. 
Some issues observed though (in addition to the above mentioned): 

1. If the command vehicle gets destroyed. It will respawn at the FOB as expected, but deploying the new vehicle will make the respawn point at the old wrecked vehicle every time, rendering the new command vehicle just a clumsy transport. 
  2. The expected hints have never appeared no matter how many AI has been killed. 

Hope you're OK and will continue enhancing this already cool mission. Thanks!

we have this problem with respawn of command vehicle and hints. would be good to make command vehicle indestructible. Also could you put Night Vision mod as dependency.

Edited by Dead-Again

2 hours ago, Dead-Again said:

we have this problem with respawn of command vehicle and hints. would be good to make command vehicle indestructible. Also could you put Night Vision mod as dependency.

What's wrong with the flash light? Battery exhausted? 😉

Nice work!

I always loved Insurgency mode in Project Reality.

I would love to test this but the Night Ops framework does not work anymore.

Pretty frustrating as a lot of coop missions and cool sp missions seem to use this.

@F.Herbiie I hope the framework mod gets fixed one day so it works again.

Can you tell me how you did the deployable command vehicle in your mission? I love to use that mechanic but I cannot figure out how it works.

Also, do you think it is possible to remove the parts used from the Night Ops framework so it will work again with vanilla reforger?