Not asking for anything new EO. just to turn the clock back 6 months so the thermal is just as it was before, fine.

• Like 3

Thermals look totally fake now. The police have better thermal vision in their helicopters. I think they need to be changed back to the way they were, or made even better to be realistic.

I fully agree with every post in this section of the forum. BRING THE NIGHT VISION AS IT WAS BEFORE Summer 2022. NIGHT NIGHT VISION BRING UP, you hear the developers of Bohemia !

Я полностью согласен с каждым посом в этом разделе форума. ПРИВЕДИТЕ НОЧНОЕ ВИДЕНИЕ В ТОТ ВИД, КАК БЫЛО ДО лета 2022 года. НОЧНОЕ НОЧНОЕ ВИДЕНИЕ ПРИВЕСТИ В ПОРЯДОК, вы слышите, разработчики Bohemia !

The least they can do now is make the grass, shrubs, and trees not glow as much as men and tanks.  Not a peep since, though.

It is strange how from the very beginning of the ArmaA series for the PC there was  perfectly realistic Thermal version,  taken directly from the original IMS Military training software sold to US, GB, & Australian Armed forces. (VBS1)  For Bis to remove it for the current crap version, I suspect is just for commercial reasons, such as making  ArmA 3 available for the Xbox & other similar platforms. As it is certainly obvious to all veteran players the change is NOT an improvement.

NO SENTIMENT IN BUSINESS 😟

Is there a community-made mod that brings back the old NVGs and Thermals into the game?

On 9/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, jgaz-uk said:

It is strange how from the very beginning of the ArmaA series for the PC there was  perfectly realistic Thermal version,  taken directly from the original IMS Military training software sold to US, GB, & Australian Armed forces. (VBS1) 

Even if it was taken from military software (which can be of varying fidelity, too), it was hardly realistic. The environment was more or less uniform on thermals, while enemy troops and running vehicles stood out very much. This is not the case IRL, where you have a lot of different temperatures, and for example a sheet metal roof in the sun will "glow" brightly, and the ground and houses will be a patchwork of temperatures. Ultimately, I don't think it'll ever be fixed in ArmA3. The next installment can't come fast enough.

• Like 1