LeonardHug

Missile strike on laser guidance

Hello. I'm trying to add the ability to request laser-guided MK41 VLS missile strikes. I found some old material on the forum on this topic and made a trigger activated through the Alpha radio with the following code:

Target_1 = getPosATL laserTarget player;
west reportRemoteTarget [Target_1, 3600];  
Target_1 confirmSensorTarget [west, true];  
VLS fireAtTarget [Target_1, "weapon_vls_01"];

In the end it doesn't work. If you give some object the name Target_1, then everything will work. But I'm interested in the possibility of manual guidance. Also, I'm not sure I took the correct commands to aim through the UAV's laser.

you are assigning a position to Target_1 and not an object.

Therefore reportRemoteTarget and fireAtTarget do not work because they need an object not a position.

If u try to use scripts then just use the wiki to get a clue about the commands you are using. Here you will find a link to each Arma 3 scripting command:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3:_Scripting_Commands

• Like 2

laserTarget player is an object created each time the player lazes somewhere. And the position is updated. So, it's simple as Target_1 = laserTarget player...

potential problem may occur, in MP, or depending on how/when you are calling this part of code. (laserTarget player is null when not lazing)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, sarogahtyp said:

you are assigning a position to Target_1 and not an object.

Therefore reportRemoteTarget and fireAtTarget do not work because they need an object not a position.

If u try to use scripts then just use the wiki to get a clue about the commands you are using. Here you will find a link to each Arma 3 scripting command:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3:_Scripting_Commands

I know about Wiki and use it, but I don't always understand what it says. I tried to figure it out and searched for information for a long time, but I did not understand, so I wrote here.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:47 AM, pierremgi said:

laserTarget player is an object created each time the player lazes somewhere. And the position is updated. So, it's simple as Target_1 = laserTarget player...

potential problem may occur, in MP, or depending on how/when you are calling this part of code. (laserTarget player is null when not lazing)

Thanks a lot! With Target_1 = laserTarget player everything works

1 hour ago, LeonardHug said:

I don't always understand what it says.

You are always welcome to ask here!

• Like 2