SirBassi

Struggle with Land_Billboard_F and BIS_fnc_playVideo

Hi Community,

I plan to play a small highlight video for our Battlegroup at the end of an ingame campaign.

This also works wonderfully on the Dedicated.

As a screen, I chose the Land_Billboard_F, which works so far and is perfect for about 15 people viewing at the same time.

But every time the video starts, the standard Texture with path "a3\structures_f\civ\infoboards\data\billboard_metal_co.paa" is loaded with a metal and cracked effect, which makes the quality of the display very poor. I have now tried to set a white .paa in the texture field of the object editor, but this is also replaced when the video is starting.

And the setting of foreground and background colors in white or black by BIS_fnc_playVideo does not come into play either. How do I get rid of the switch to the standard .paa when starting the video?

Do I have to set or change configs there? I haven't gotten into that part yet.

I am very grateful for every tip and help.

Part of the belonging Script:

Spoiler

//Video.sqf

_video = "finale\finale.ogv";

_screen = tafel001;

_screen setObjectTexture [0, _video];

//Syntax: [content, size, color, skipVarName, bgColor, keepAspect] spawn BIS_fnc_playVideo

[_video, [10, 10], [255,255,255,1], "", [255,255,255,1]] call BIS_fnc_playVideo;

1MvRFUu.png

XHIyXrW.png

T0zg9gW.png

As workaround, remove your billboard and place an user texture panel: "UserTexture10m_F" (in signs/blank props).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be a case where you need to "reset" the object material first?

_screen setObjectMaterial [0, "\a3\data_f\default.rvmat"];

Otherwise, I like @pierremgi's solution - you could even place it just in front of the billboard so that it looks like the billboard is the screen. The trick there would be in getting it aligned correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

This might be a case where you need to "reset" the object material first?

_screen setObjectMaterial [0, "\a3\data_f\default.rvmat"];

Yes! should work. 👍

• Like 1

Thanks guys. this are both very interesting ideas and from both I heard nothing before and this rises up my horizon even greater 🙂

I let you know when I tested both. Thanks.

@Harzach Thank you for the solution. It works perfectly and exactly as requested. Just for my own knowledge: Where else will I encounter the objectMaterial? Or how do I recognize that an object loads a material in the background? Well here I could have found out with the knowledge that objectMaterial exists, but simply that I have an eye on it for the future.

@pierremichel I also tested the variant and it worked well. Only synchronizing with the billboard was a bit tricky. But I already have ideas to work with it in other scenarios. Thank you too.

7 hours ago, SirBassi said:

Where else will I encounter the objectMaterial?

I'm not an expert on object creation/configs, but I would expect that it's pretty common for any object to have at least one selection with a material assigned to it. And it may not always cause this issue. An easy way to find out is to simply try.

Glad it's working for you!