Chepa1lg

Error Loading Mission after adding modded entities to mission

Hello everyone,

Im new to editing missions, so i'm strugling with 3 addons that i downloaded from the steam workshop, in the editor when i add few modded flags and save the mission, put the mission the mpmission file and start the server, when i join it says "Error Loading Mission", also theses 3 mods are added as required mods but when joining the server they appear as optionnal and all other mods work perfecly and are categorized as required, and if i go back to the editor and i delete the modded flags entities, save the mission and put the mission in the mpmission file, the server work perfectly, so why theses 3 mods are categorised as optionnal when i put them as required by the server.

Thanks to anyone who help me.

Addons i'm talking about

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2576006559

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2474961310

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2764329011

Capture.png

Hello Chepa1lg,

Welcome to BI Forums!

1 hour ago, Chepa1lg said:

theses 3 mods are added as required mods

So what your saying here is that you have these mods on the server and in the server's command line correct?

So anyone that will join your server will require all the mods you listed there including those flag mods correct?

Is this a public server or a private server for you and your friends?

Are the mods signed?

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello Chepa1lg,

Welcome to BI Forums!

So what your saying here is that you have these mods on the server and in the server's command line correct?

So anyone that will join your server will require all the mods you listed there including those flag mods correct?

Is this a public server or a private server for you and your friends?

Are the mods signed?

Yes mods are in the server files and in the command line (-mod) and anyone who join should have theses 3 flag mods required, the mods didn't have key file, so i signed them but it still didn't work, idk why but they don't want to be listed as required

My theory is because they are nothing more then flags and insignias which are basically texture files .paa's

that they dont actually add any place-able assets in a mission.

So my question is when your in the editor what did you place or add into the mission itself

like an object to have a flag from the mod?

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

My theory is because they are nothing more then flags and insignias which are basically texture files .paa's

that they dont actually add any place-able assets in a mission.

So my question is when your in the editor what did you place or add into the mission itself

like an object to have a flag from the mod?

The flags are named like that "Ukraine_Flags_Ukraine_F and i aslo added "Banner_Ukraine" and i can find them in the "props->Signs->Flags", i just have to select the flag like i would select the basic NATO or AAF flag and put them on the ground.

20220715192056-1.jpg

At this point i cant really say what it is as i've never ran into this issue before and i rent a server myself

and haven't had issues like this, lets take a look at your server's rpt (logs).

So locate the rpt open copy all of it, and then paste it here ----> https://justpaste.it/

click the red publish button at the middle bottom and the copy the link from the top and paste it in your reply.

The rpt if you have logs set to full in your server.cfg should show something i would hope on this.

i just double posted again, idk how to delete this one sorry

18 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

At this point i cant really say what it is as i've never ran into this issue before and i rent a server myself

and haven't had issues like this, lets take a look at your server's rpt (logs).

So locate the rpt open copy all of it, and then paste it here ----> https://justpaste.it/

click the red publish button at the middle bottom and the copy the link from the top and paste it in your reply.

The rpt if you have logs set to full in your server.cfg should show something i would hope on this.

Ok finally found it, here the file https://justpaste.it/8u1pq

2 hours ago, Chepa1lg said:

Ok finally found it

It clearly shows that the three flag mods are not loaded on the server. 

29 minutes ago, Harzach said:

It clearly shows that the three flag mods are not loaded on the server. 

Also they are not part of the -mod parameter....

5 hours ago, Chepa1lg said:

Ok finally found it, here the file https://justpaste.it/8u1pq

Thanks, but thats only part of the rpt, need the entire thing.

As the others said before me mods arent in your commandline which means they aren't being loaded, still how are they showing up

as optional mods in the mod list, maybe because when you chose the mission that the assets are being recognized, but not loaded on the server

that they show that way.

Ya put the mods in your command line and try again.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

still how are they showing up

as optional mods in the mod list, 

I guess this is because of the .bikey files which he put on the server

30 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

I guess this is because of the .bikey files which he put on the server

Hmm that might be it, he said he signed the mods himself and assuming that the original author of the mods didn't.

So then in his server.cfg he probably has verify signatures enabled which checks the mods when he joins the server

with the mods loaded.  However because the mod assets are in the mission hes trying to join but not in the server

commandline, then the mods maybe coming up as optional for him when he's joining through the arma 3 launcher server.

If you don't sign it:

- servers not checking for keys will allow your mod

- servers checking and accepting keys will block your mod

- servers checking and not accepting keys will block your mod

If you do sign it:

- servers not checking for keys will allow your mod

- servers checking and accepting your key will allow your mod

- servers checking and not accepting your key will block your mod

14 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hmm that might be it, he said he signed the mods himself and assuming that the original author of the mods didn't.

So then in his server.cfg he probably has verify signatures enabled which checks the mods when he joins the server

with the mods loaded.  However because the mod assets are in the mission hes trying to join but not in the server

commandline, then the mods maybe coming up as optional for him when he's joining through the arma 3 launcher server.

Ok thanks for reply guys, i will try the commandLine and also check my server.cfg, see what i'v put for VerifySignatures

I'm kind of having the same issue with my multiplayer server.  I created a few custom factions to use in a scenario using ALiVE Orbat creator.  I've tested them in single player and the work with no errors.  As for my server however, I load them into the server then add the folder name to the server command line, put my public key in the root key folder and it fails to start. If I remove them, the server will start.  I think it may be something to do with the bikey but I'm not sure as I have almost zero experience with setting up mods on a server or signing mods.  I've been at it for a little over 6 hours trying to figure it out but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Post .rpt file or nobody is able to help. And pls use an external code posting service or the spoiler function of the forum to post it.

Also open an own topic next time you have a problem pls.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Lets take a look at your server's rpt (logs).

@MrWhiskerBiscut Follow what i posted here to acquire your rpt.

Start your server, do what you were doing then when it doesn't load, shut it down and then locate the rpt.

As for your bikey make sure its in a folder named keys.

2 hours ago, MrWhiskerBiscut said:

then add the folder name to the server command line

Folder name is your faction mod, with this format ----> @modname/addons/filename.pbo

correct?

Is your server a public server, like its open to the public, or is it private for you and friends?

If the server is private do this in your server.cfg

// SECURITY
BattlEye          = 0;    // If set to 1, BattlEye Anti-Cheat will be enabled on the server (default: 1, recommended: 1)
verifySignatures  = 0;    // If set to 2, players with unknown or unsigned mods won't be allowed join (default: 0, recommended: 2)

Why? With a private server for you and friends only, you dont need to worry about security if your server has a password.

And all you need to be concerned about is the mods you plan to use are in the commandline.

I do this with my server and can run any mod np.

If you need to resign your mod, or sign it rather and acquire a new bikey use my tutorial ----> Video Tutorial

Link to rpt - https://justpaste.it/93clv   rpt file rmh - JustPaste.it

The mod in question is signed properly and the file path is correct.  I actually followed your tutorial of signing mods a few days ago to learn how to do it.

I think the problem is actually the fact that the creator dlc (SOGPF, CSLA) needed to run the mod in question is not installed on the server and I have no idea how to fix that.  Nitrado's guide is lacking serious detail or I'm not smart enough to understand it.

Thanks for the rpt, issues seems to be as you suggested, your missing required addons as whats on the server currently requires them.

Best send a create a ticket to your server provider asking how to get those dlcs installed on your server, as their not going to be

installed like a normal mod but with the base game that the server comes with as is all the other dlc's that are currently on it.

They will probably have to do it on their end since its not a user/server admin function like installing a mod.

Thanks for the help, it's been countless hours trying to figure it out and finally got 2 of the 3 dlcs installed just cant seem to find the CSLA content on the steamdb in order to download it through the steam console.

Found it, I think shes good to go now! 

Edited by MrWhiskerBiscut
  • Like 1