Sign in to follow this  
peanuckle_00

Us troops to enter phillipines combat.

My thoughts. I want someone to make some Abu Sayyaf rebels. Could we use Jungle Everon as the Phillipines? I guess Bush was serious about his war on terror. It's about time we see some more men being put there after what happened to those hostages in the earlier raid.

Check it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pax Americana, well...  confused.gif  sad.gif

Another clear US statement

I don`t even have to comment those links, they speak for themselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. Dumb is what I am hearing.

Depends only on your point of view. It`s a fact that after Ground Zero the US military bases are spreading like cancer all over the world. And there are indeed paralleles to the roman empiric policy when you watch the US foreign policy nowadays. The only problem is that half of the world just doesn`t like the way of McDonalds.

(McDump is the best example for smart biological and chemical warfare!  crazy.gif  )

Coming back to US troops helping the phillipine fighting the Abu Sayyaf. Sounds nice, but it will end up as follows: It won`t be possible to defeat all of the guerillas and the ambushs and rebell assaults will go on. Permanent US military bases will be the result. Of course this bases need resources and supplies flown in, so there`ll be military air bases and so on. And finally there`s another jump point for a swift US military strike wherever "needed" in this region.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,10:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes. Dumb is what I am hearing.<span id='postcolor'>

But of course.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depends only on your point of view.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, yes. Exactly. There's an intelligent point of view and then there are the dumb ones. tounge.gif

j/k wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> It`s a fact that after Ground Zero the US military bases are spreading like cancer all over the world.<span id='postcolor'>

Amazing how you injected the word "cancer" in there. Did these bases pop up unexpeted and without the local authority's approval or to their detrement, similar to "cancer"?

How many of these so-called cancerous bases didn't exist less than two years ago?

More silly rule-the-world conspiracy theories.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And there are indeed paralleles to the roman empiric policy when you watch the US foreign policy nowadays. The only problem is that half of the world just doesn`t like the way of McDonalds.<span id='postcolor'>

Let them eat KFC! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Coming back to US troops helping the phillipine fighting the Abu Sayyaf. Sounds nice, but it will end up as follows: It won`t be possible to defeat all of the guerillas and the ambushs and rebell assaults will go on.<span id='postcolor'>

So, the US should ignore an allie's call for help and let the Phillipines stew on there own, ala France, Belgium and Germany to Turkey?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Permanent US military bases will be the result.<span id='postcolor'>

So? US and Phillipines have a long history of cooperation together.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course this bases need resources and supplies flown in, so there`ll be military air bases and so on. And finally there`s another jump point for a swift US military strike wherever "needed" in this region.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds good to me. None of the European wimps can manage the role.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing how you injected the word "cancer" in there. Did these bases pop up unexpeted and without the local authority's approval or to their detrement, similar to "cancer"?<span id='postcolor'>

I just found no better english word/expression. The US bases pop up this way: First the US government offers another country help, gives some and finally stays permanently in that country with it`s military bases. No matter if still needed or not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US bases pop up this way: First the US government offers another country help, gives some and finally stays permanently in that country with it`s military bases.<span id='postcolor'>

Once again, so what?

US military cooperation and bases in the Phillipines is old news.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing how you injected the word "cancer" in there. Did these bases pop up unexpeted and without the local authority's approval or to their detrement, similar to "cancer"?<span id='postcolor'>

I just found no better english word/expression.<span id='postcolor'>

Use "McDonalds" instead. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depends only on your point of view. It`s a fact that after Ground Zero the US military bases are spreading like cancer all over the world. And there are indeed paralleles to the roman empiric policy when you watch the US foreign policy nowadays. The only problem is that half of the world just doesn`t like the way of McDonalds.

Coming back to US troops helping the phillipine fighting the Abu Sayyaf. Sounds nice, but it will end up as follows: It won`t be possible to defeat all of the guerillas and the ambushs and rebell assaults will go on. Permanent US military bases will be the result. Of course this bases need resources and supplies flown in, so there`ll be military air bases and so on. And finally there`s another jump point for a swift US military strike wherever in this region "needed".<span id='postcolor'>

I think it is sad how some people always criticize U.S. without having the slightest understanding of the realities of this world. Comparing U.S. to Rome (except in movies like the Gladiator) is simply outrageous. Do I need to remind you that U.S. is a republic, where the leaders are the ones who get most votes in democratic elections? In Rome, the power was wielded by the senate consisting of rich citizens looking after their own interests (totally unlike U.S. where the senators are chosen democratically to represent the people) and the emperor, who was a practical dictator. U.S. does not have an emperor, but a president, who is chosen by the people, not by genealogy! There are no dynasties in U.S.!

The world today is a dark place, where evil men seek to harm others in order to advance their own interests. But in U.S. people have managed to develop the best democratic system (first in the world) which maintains it's unpartial integrity despite the efforts of the evil men.

Internal issues are handled by the exemplary and unbiased police and court -system, which assures that only evildoers found guilty beyond reasonably doubt go to jails or are executed, depending of the grade of their evilness! This assures that the society stays fresh, tidy and functional.

In handling the external threats, U.S. is the sole hope of the world. Which other country has the military capability and the sheer altruistic drive to sacrifice their soldiers and tax dollars to help people all around the globe to mop up the evildoers? How else could these efforts be managed but with the aid of logistical bases on the soil of willing host countries?

Maybe U.S. should just pull their soldiers home! Let's see how the rest of the world manages without the altruistic intervention by U.S. troops!

You eurowimps make me sick. You're always whining, looking the gift-horse into the mouth.  crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,11:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, the US should ignore an allie's call for help and let the Phillipines stew on there own, ala France, Belgium and Germany to Turkey?<span id='postcolor'>

Nice example... First you have the US government planning an offensive war to a neighbour country of the Turkey, then when Turkey realises "oops, Iraq is our neighbour, it`s rockets could reach us when the war starts. We need help!" we are the bad guys when saying no to a gulf war relating to a peaceful solution. The US government is so focussed on this stupid war, why isn`t it giving the Turkey the aid it needs in case the US does it`s offensive strike on the Iraq. Everything that happens to Turkey after such a strike is the US governments fault and not the fault of France, Belgium and Germany.

(But`s already part of the Iraq thread discussion wink.gif )

And you in Israel have nothing to whine about, because you already get Patriot rockets from us European wimps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And you in Israel have nothing to whine about, because you already get Patriot rockets from us European wimps.<span id='postcolor'>

After some begging and pleading, stalls and delays on the part of Europe - not the US.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Feb. 21 2003,11:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it is sad how some people always criticize U.S. without having the slightest understanding of the realities of this world. Comparing U.S. to Rome (except in movies like the Gladiator) is simply outrageous. Do I need to remind you that U.S. is a republic, where the leaders are the ones who get most votes in democratic elections? In Rome, the power was wielded by the senate consisting of rich citizens looking after their own interests (totally unlike U.S. where the senators are chosen democratically to represent the people) and the emperor, who was a practical dictator. U.S. does not have an emperor, but a president, who is chosen by the people, not by genealogy! There are no dynasties in U.S.!<span id='postcolor'>

Now my point of view:

1. Bush didn`t get the most votes.

2. In the USA the power is just wielded by a small group of rich guys looking after their own interests. The majority is against the bush policy if you have a look at all the protests that take place right now. Demonstrations on the street or criticism from senators in the senate. But Pres. Bush goes his way.

3. Regarding to what written above Pres. Bush is a practical dictator.

4. Right now the US is lead by the Bush dynasty which systematically destroys all the international relationships which were founded in years of hard work before. Under Bush there would`ve been no end to the cold war and no falling of the wall in Germany.

The main problem when saying something against the US foreign policy is that suddenly all the US americans feel like getting trampled on their nuts, even if they dislike the Bush policy too. If you all idenitify yourself with your President because of too much national pride it`s your problem if you feel insulted any time I or someone else criticize him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The main problem when saying something against the US foreign policy is that suddenly all the US americans feel like getting trampled on their nuts, even if they dislike the Bush policy too. If you all idenitify yourself with your President because of too much national pride it`s your problem if you feel insulted any time I or someone else criticize him. <span id='postcolor'>

It's the way people like you criticize. The pulp fiction and the snide language and terms in your posts above are a classic example.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Feb. 21 2003,11:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it is sad how some people always criticize U.S. without having the slightest understanding of the realities of this world. Comparing U.S. to Rome (except in movies like the Gladiator) is simply outrageous. Do I need to remind you that U.S. is a republic, where the leaders are the ones who get most votes in democratic elections? In Rome, the power was wielded by the senate consisting of rich citizens looking after their own interests (totally unlike U.S. where the senators are chosen democratically to represent the people) and the emperor, who was a practical dictator. U.S. does not have an emperor, but a president, who is chosen by the people, not by genealogy! There are no dynasties in U.S.!

The world today is a dark place, where evil men seek to harm others in order to advance their own interests. But in U.S. people have managed to develop the best democratic system (first in the world) which maintains it's unpartial integrity despite the efforts of the evil men.

Internal issues are handled by the exemplary and unbiased police and court -system, which assures that only evildoers found guilty beyond reasonably doubt go to jails or are executed, depending of the grade of their evilness! This assures that the society stays fresh, tidy and functional.

In handling the external threats, U.S. is the sole hope of the world. Which other country has the military capability and the sheer altruistic drive to sacrifice their soldiers and tax dollars to help people all around the globe to mop up the evildoers? How else could these efforts be managed but with the aid of logistical bases on the soil of willing host countries?

Maybe U.S. should just pull their soldiers home! Let's see how the rest of the world manages without the altruistic intervention by U.S. troops!

You eurowimps make me sick. You're always whining, looking the gift-horse into the mouth.  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol. Good one Oligo smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's the way people like you criticize. The pulp fiction and the snide language and terms in your posts above are a classic example.<span id='postcolor'>

One reason for my snide language may be that I have no training in the english language besides watching english movies and reading and writing in the internet. My english may be clumpsy but at least I try to express myself the best way I can in english. When the day comes that you can criticize our german foreign policy in perfect german, I`ll salute you all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's the way people like you criticize. The pulp fiction and the snide language and terms in your posts above are a classic example.<span id='postcolor'>

One reason for my snide language may be that I have no training in the english language besides watching english movies and reading and writing in the internet. My english may be clumpsy but at least I try to express myself the best way I can in english. When the day comes that you can criticize our german foreign policy in perfect german, I`ll salute you all.<span id='postcolor'>

I've had no problem understanding you all the time we've been on this forum together. I still read you loud and clear, including the nuances and insinuations.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But in U.S. people have managed to develop the best democratic system (first in the world) which maintains it's unpartial integrity despite the efforts of the evil men.

<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif Are you seriouse ?

Right now you have 2 major parties. In germany we have 5 in the parliament. This is what I call a representative democracy. And with all that patriot acts to come you will be cut basic civil rights. If you think that is a democracy I like´d to have you are wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Feb. 21 2003,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right now you have 2 major parties. In germany we have 5 in the parliament. This is what I call a representative democracy. And with all that patriot acts to come you will be cut basic civil rights. If you think that is a democracy I like´d to have you are wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, here in Israel, we have 6 million parties and it's a mess! crazy.gif

More isn't necessarilly better and 2 isn't the opposite of democratic.

Regarding the Patriot Act, don't be so smug and complacent into thinking that Europe is immune in the not-to-long-term from external threats that may very well undermine its ability to remain democratic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Feb. 21 2003,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">confused.gif Are you seriouse ?<span id='postcolor'>

No I was not. I was being sarcastic. I'm one of those eurowimps. wink.gif

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,05wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 21 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amazing how you injected the word "cancer" in there. Did these bases pop up unexpeted and without the local authority's approval or to their detrement, similar to "cancer"?<span id='postcolor'>

I just found no better english word/expression. The US bases pop up this way: First the US government offers another country help, gives some and finally stays permanently in that country with it`s military bases. No matter if still needed or not.<span id='postcolor'>

Would it please you to know that the U.S is planning a general withdrawal from Germany?  Any bets on who will cry more? Americans or German golddiggers and crooked salesmen who happily exploit our troops and take their money?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now my point of view:

1. Bush didn`t get the most votes.<span id='postcolor'>

Bush won according precisely to election laws.  If you don't understand the purpose of the Electoral College, don't even comment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. In the USA the power is just wielded by a small group of rich guys looking after their own interests. The majority is against the bush policy if you have a look at all the protests that take place right now. Demonstrations on the street or criticism from senators in the senate. But Pres. Bush goes his way.<span id='postcolor'>

Bush has widespread support and one of the highest approval ratings of any president.  The protesters are in a tiny minority.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. Regarding to what written above Pres. Bush is a practical dictator.<span id='postcolor'>

an outrageous and ludicrous statement that is in a fantasy world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. Right now the US is lead by the Bush dynasty which systematically destroys all the international relationships which were founded in years of hard work before. Under Bush there would`ve been no end to the cold war and no falling of the wall in Germany.<span id='postcolor'>

Ironically, Reagan managed to do that.  Regardless, alot of Europeans insulted him in much the same way that they insult Bush. Now you have ministers in your government who regard U.S assistance during the Cold War as some sort of occupation force. :rolleyes:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 20 2003,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 21 2003,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Coming back to US troops helping the phillipine fighting the Abu Sayyaf. Sounds nice, but it will end up as follows: It won`t be possible to defeat all of the guerillas and the ambushs and rebell assaults will go on.<span id='postcolor'>

So, the US should ignore an allie's call for help and let the Phillipines stew on there own, ala France, Belgium and Germany to Turkey?<span id='postcolor'>

Ahum, let me make that clear.

You don't really understand what's going on.

My country is not prepared to send troops to Turkey now. Why not? We do not want to be part of the great war that Bush's starting. We do not support it at all, putting our soldiers in Turkey or similiar stuff will basically mean that we are preparing for an upcoming war.

We do not want that, IF Turkey does get in danger, we'll be glad to help them, our forces will be sent to Turkey and we will help them.

But as long as it's not needed, we do not feel the urge to participate in this nasty war.

So basically you are wrong, we do not ignore Turkey's call, actually when they get in danger we will be there to help them.

Unlike other (bigger) countries, we do not feel the urge to break all the rules and act selfish.

Of course i cannot talk about France and Germany, but i'm rather sure that they have a good (if not the same) reason for doing this.

Thank you for listening, i hope you understand your mistake!