Sign in to follow this  
james mckenzie-smith

setObjectTexture sometimes does not work?

First time back here for me for a few years...

I am making missions (again) in ArmA2 because ArmA3, even with the otherwise beautiful Global Mobilization mod, just cannot handle what I do, viz., the creation of single player games at the company combat team level and higher.

So, I am making high command missions set on Chernarus using the US Army assets from Operation Arrowhead. Out of the box, these are in desert colours, so I have retextured certain things like the M1A1, and have used the setObjectTexture command with success. However, for reasons unknown to me, using this command with the US Army soldiers does nothing whatsoever. Code <<   TANK1 setObjectTexture [0, "NEWH1A1hullTex.paa"]   >> works fine for the M1A1, for instance, but <<   MAN1 setObjectTexture [0, "NEWsoldierTex.paa"]   >> does nothing when used on US Army soldiers (or USMC men). This code works fine when used on say BAF expansion soldiers from Operation Arrowhead, so I am a little stumped. Anyone know what's the deal with this?

• Like 1

Welcome back, it's always good to see more people who are still with A2, we don't have as many left as before.

As for your problem, I think it's because the model doesn't have hidden selections, so you can't change its texture.
Models that have hidden selections assigned you can change the textures.

Someone correct me if I'm not right.

Yes, I was afraid that's what it was. No big deal, but I will have to find a work around if I wish to have my US troops in old school BDUs for any scenarios set in the tail end of the cold war.

Thanks for the (VERY prompt) assistance!