GimbleFIN_

Grind is awful, goodbye Vigor :(

Subject says it all. Number of my friends seem to already dropped the game. While it seems impossible to complete this season, grind is just too much. Only way to recover is to throw like double XP every weekend or so maybe. I play too much, but not sure if even I can make it. If it stays like this probably will be my last season. Been around since Xbox Preview Day 1 so it's kinda difficult to say goodbye, but not ok with Grind like this 😞

Edit: Correction, not even Double XP weekends help enough. Would have to be double XP enabled for longer period of time, so that players would actually have hope and try to deal with this season in reasonable playtime.

• Like 1

Personnaly, it will be my final season. Reason are that the dev of this game as put it like other shooting game.  I choose Vigor for the difference at the beginning.

The idea that you have a shelter to work on it . All the food to grow etc.  And yes, you can defend yourself again others players when needed.

I'm not against shooting at other players.  I play COD regulary and very often finish at first place in single mode.

I truely think that a game different like Vigor was at the beginning has is place in the world of game. 

Yoda will said about Vigor "hummm  easy to fall into the dark side, hard to stay in the good side of the force"

Let see outside if another game as something different to propose 😉

Ciao !

• Like 2

So, 75 it is again. I was hoping to hop back into Vigor this Season, from PUBG that I have been enjoying recently. Btw. PUBG is in VERY good shape now with current gen console, AND it has reasonable Battle Pass unlike here. But apparently not going to be option to switch back, like subject says goodbye Vigor 😞 Will miss you!

• Like 1

Wtf you changed Rat traps too to have less capacity. 😲 Oh no! You shouldn't have done that, there are people that have payed actual money to get their shelter to a certain level. And now you start nerfing it and make it even more painful to get resources being forced to log in constantly!? Wow...I'm speechless.

Okay the "75 LVL battle Pass from Hell" and ruining Legacy Battle Pass progression were the main issues. But I assumed, like probably everyone else too that Shelter is "untouchable" for obvious reasons. This now sealed it: I'm uninstalling Vigor right now.

Nerfed Rat trap :(

Honestly this battle pass isn’t too bad in terms of grindyness, honestly? Go look at world of tanks if you want real grind to unlock anything from weapons to to tanks and battle pass awards you literally would have to spend hundreds each battle pass. Vigor gives you like 140 days to do it. Yes granted you would need to buy the pass for 690 crowns for the exp boosts to actually do it fast, now that seasonal challenges work those help too. Yes the shelters been nerfed and I don’t like that as sometimes I don’t log in for a few days to gather materials and crowns this part of the update I dislike it’s basically to force players to log in more often. One thing I don’t see anyone talking about are the missing collectibles from this season? Past few seasons we’ve had audio tapes to collect and I actually quite enjoyed reviewing the story so far on my streams but I have nothing to review here. I’m at level 50 already with little effort having only done 21 seasonal challenges. Can’t see myself finishing those for the poor looking jacket or playing after the battle pass is done. I hope next season we get a major major boost not just some more tapes but some new music for the player, maybe a new map or mode, we need something I think to keep things going. 

Nobody's talking about the absolute garbage drop in visuals. 

Night maps are even harder to see now there's been in a drop in graphics quality.

Are these updates honestly not play tested before release?

I'm no expert on game development but is there no way of testing them on a closed server beforehand?

How can they spend months developing something and nobody notice the drop in graphics quality?

On 10/11/2022 at 2:50 PM, Matthew Aiken said:

Honestly this battle pass isn’t too bad in terms of grindyness, honestly?

Yes, Honestly it's very bad for person having also other life than gaming. It used to be ok when it was 50 LVL, now it's unachievable withing reasonable gaming time. You would need to forget all other games and play solely Vigor, that's not ok assumption. Also Legacy season progression is total joke, it now takes like half a yer or something to complete one LOL.

One thing also that pisses me off is that it's unpredictable how much you still have to go while for whatever reason amount of XP needed for each level is changing. You really can't "schedule" your gaming, not possible to make a plan how you going to get there. Like I mentioned started playing PUBG again, there also you need to play significant hours to complete Battle Pass. But it's nowhere near as bad as Vigor, and all levels are equal so you always have an idea that how much you have to still go.

I dunno what happened to my favorite game, seems like they want people to pay money to complete Battle Pass or something. But in my case exactly opposite is going to happen, sometimes when I feel developer has done good progress I might buy something to just support them. But now after all this crap not going to happen.

6 hours ago, eKLaB said:

Nobody's talking about the absolute garbage drop in visuals. 

Night maps are even harder to see now there's been in a drop in graphics quality.

Are these updates honestly not play tested before release?

I'm no expert on game development but is there no way of testing them on a closed server beforehand?

How can they spend months developing something and nobody notice the drop in graphics quality?

Sounds bad, I have no clue while have not played anymore this season. Just noticed that Shelter was F'd up. Never went to even single encounter after found out that Battle Pass is crap also this season 😞

Worth noting the legacy season passes much like halo infinite you can buy into at any time and there’s no time limit nor any missed crafting plans so that is good but I will agree the time to level them is far more Grindy than whatever current pass is active. I will also note that the reason it seems some battle passes take longer to level than others equates to the exp boosts you get throughout, I’ve noticed this figure varies I can’t quote exact percentages here but the increments in which they increase are far lower. I would also agree that 75 levels is too many or at the very least if their going to stick with that it needs to be condensed so that the end reward for a classic 50 level pass stays at 50. Then we could have levels 51-75 be something more optional like crowns, crates and weapons etc or maybe collectibles that are motivating enough but not integral you know?
But yes anyway trying to keep a balanced argument here but it’s hard to be unbiased when I myself also have been left feeling a bit stiffed by the lack of content. I don’t watch the dev streams maybe I missed an explanation or some community questions there that could have answered this issue? Who knows? 🤷‍♂️ But yeah I’ll be waiting until next season I guess if there aren’t collectibles then though and Damn good stuff on offer like a new mode or a map I may also have to call it my last battle pass. Still like the game but it’s fast becoming a part time deal 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, Matthew Aiken said:

Worth noting the legacy season passes much like halo infinite you can buy into at any time and there’s no time limit nor any missed crafting plans so that is good but I will agree the time to level them is far more Grindy than whatever current pass is active. I will also note that the reason it seems some battle passes take longer to level than others equates to the exp boosts you get throughout, I’ve noticed this figure varies I can’t quote exact percentages here but the increments in which they increase are far lower. I would also agree that 75 levels is too many or at the very least if their going to stick with that it needs to be condensed so that the end reward for a classic 50 level pass stays at 50. Then we could have levels 51-75 be something more optional like crowns, crates and weapons etc or maybe collectibles that are motivating enough but not integral you know?
But yes anyway trying to keep a balanced argument here but it’s hard to be unbiased when I myself also have been left feeling a bit stiffed by the lack of content. I don’t watch the dev streams maybe I missed an explanation or some community questions there that could have answered this issue? Who knows? 🤷‍♂️ But yeah I’ll be waiting until next season I guess if there aren’t collectibles then though and Damn good stuff on offer like a new mode or a map I may also have to call it my last battle pass. Still like the game but it’s fast becoming a part time deal 

What your not a Vigor Partner? That is a real shame. As much as you do I thought you were. 

The problem I saw from the very beginning was developers listening too much to "Vigor partner's", basically any content creator who happily sucked the bohemia tit and accepted freebies for positive responses to the latest update.

They'd happily move away from the core idea of the game to whatever "Vigor partner" thought would be better for the game, which generally wasn't and the core playing group didn't want or never asked for.

Personally, I don't like the way this game is heading anymore. The adrenaline shot was kind of a slap in the face as well. Was hoping it was going in the direction of being a slower paced, harcore looters shooter. Unfortunately now we have people just rushing around with no thought, zig zapping and drop shotting. Even though you can still kill them it takes away from the immersion. Bohemia has other games with leg physics that slow your movement, too bad to see them not be implemented into this game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CryptoCandy4444 said:

What your not a Vigor Partner? That is a real shame. As much as you do I thought you were. 

I wish I was a vigor partner to be honest but I’m not unfortunately as I don’t meet the community requirements to be one plus I’m much too unbiased in my reviews for games and their content so I doubt they would welcome me onboard with that as I’d point out the bad with the good critique 🤷‍♂️🤣 still partner or not I still like to review each season 👀 call out the positive changes as well as the bull. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:49 PM, Matthew Aiken said:

But yes anyway trying to keep a balanced argument here

There is nothing to argue, while this is the fact. The grind is just too awful and not going to repeat the arguments while they can be found on my previous posts. No matter how many time you reply and tell obvious things that most of us already know isn't going to change anything. Only development team can make the change, or should I say also not be implementing changes that they have done. Especially Fking with Shelter parameters should've obviously be a NOGO! They still decided to piss off their small but dedicated playerbase and did that.

Long time ago came here from PUBG and I've had so much so much good times with Vigor, but I've had enough and now it's time to "go back home"