engieman

Trying to retexture CUP LWH helmet but having trouble with config file

as the title says I'm trying to do some light retexturing to a CUP helmet model and I used the CUP_H_LWH_MARPAT_des_CO texture from the cup_creatures_people_military_usmc data folder in the CUP units mod. Once I Retextured it I made a config file (https://imgur.com/a/MF7Ll8g and https://imgur.com/a/del2Vo7) and packed both the retex and config file as a PBO then put it into a data folder within a Addons Folder within the main mod folder but I think I messed up around line 40  or 33 of the config where I try to grab the LWH helmet model and I don't know if that is the correct way of doing it or not. happy to answer any questions. 

Maybe post your config in spoiler and/or code (< >) tags here (using the C++ code type) so we can actually read your config as your second link doesn't even work...

class cfgPatches
{
	class LARHELM
	{
		author = "Engie";
		name = "2nd LAR Helmets";
		url = "";
		requiredAddons[] =
		{ "A3_Characters_F" };
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		units[] =
		{

};
		weapons[] =
		{
			"H_LWH_MAN"
		};
	};
};
class cfgWeapons
{
	class H_HelmetB;
	class HeadgearItem;
	class H_LWH_MAN : H_HelmetB
	{
		author = "Engie";
		scope = 2;
		weaponPoolAvailable = 1;
		scopeCurator = 2
			displayName = "LHW Marpat D MAN";
		//picture = "A3_WTF_Shemag\data\ui\icon_h_shemag_wtf_ca.paa";
		model = "A3\@CUP Units\cup_creatures_people_military_usmc\data\CUP_USMC_LWH_1.p3d";
		hiddenSelections[] = { "Camo" };
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = { "@LAR_HELM\data\LHW_2LARHELM_MAN.paa" };
		editorCategory = "EdCat_Equipment";
		editorSubcategory = "EdSubcat_Hats";
		class ItemInfo : HeadgearItem {
			mass = 1;
			uniformModel = "A3\@CUP Units\cup_creatures_people_military_usmc\data\CUP_USMC_LWH_1.p3d";
			hiddenSelections[] = { "Camo" };
			hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = { "@LAR_HELM\data\LHW_2LARHELM_MAN.paa" };

};
	};
};

hopefully this helps sorry if it doesn't I've never used the forms before. 

Instead of:

model = "A3\@CUP Units\cup_creatures_people_military_usmc\data\CUP_USMC_LWH_1.p3d";

Try:

model = "\cup_creatures_people_military_usmc\data\CUP_USMC_LWH_1.p3d";

Also, make sure to add the correct entry in cfgPatches for whatever the corresponding CUP PBO is (i.e. open up the config.cpp in 'CUP_Creatures_Poeple_Military_USMC.pbo' and see what the name of the cfgPatches entry is (in your case yours is 'LARHELM') and add that after 'A3_Characters_F' in 'requiredAddons')

do you know where I can find the config,cpp file all i can find is the confing.bin file and it looks like this 

DefaultEventhandlersCfgPatchesáUniformSlotInfoCfgVehicleClassesk/CfgIdentitiesè0CfgFaces3CfgEditorSubcategoriesŽ5CfgVehicles7cfgWeaponsð¿CfgGlassesØCfgGroups¯è|Y    CUP_Creatures_Military_USMCk/units™CUP_B_USMC_S 

Whatever tool you're using to unpack the PBO isn't worth the bytes of information that form its whole.

Download Mikero's tools suite and it will automatically convert the config.bin to a config.cpp when you unpack PBOs. Config.cpp can easily be read in Notepad (or similar).