TheAntares

patrols react to harsh for my mission

hey guys,

i know there are much differences between arma 3 and reforger. In my community we play missions against AI. If u had a patrol in arma 3 wich cycles some waypoints, they did this very good. if they are shooted upon, they react. if there was some shooting far away, they patrolled.

Now my problem is that if you have a cycling patrol in reforger, that they automatically react to shooting sounds in their area and instantly go hunting them. This wasnt the case in Arma 3. And i dont find the Setting in the group themself or waypoint/cycle to disable this behavior. Sure, they should split up and attack if they are shooted on, but if i have this setting and have a wide area with some patrols, they all instantly go hunting to where the shooting sound came from. and i dont want 10 patrols with each 4 men to go directly on my men xD

can someone help me find the right setting please? 🙂

greetings from germany

thanks, i will have a look in this...

i just had another idea... is it possible to connect a waypoint/cycle with a defend command?...

@TheAntares I don't think there's an easy way to modify that behavior - unless, maybe, by using a modded AIAgent template.

If you look at the following component AI/AIAgents/SCR_ChimeraAIAgentFull.et, you'll see that it has a Danger Event Range parameter, which is set at 700. We could override that entity and set that to a lower value. That template is used by all vanilla units as far as I know.

• Like 2

YES, editing the AI/AIAgents/SCR_ChimeraAIAgentFull.et seems to work, thank you!

But i wonder, why setting the "Danger Event Range" from each Group seems to have no effect. Maybe the AIAgents overwrites this, but this would make not much sense. But i'm happy, it works now 🙂 thanks again

• Like 1