Hi all,

New to the forums and reforger modding but was looking for some help with the vehicle creation wiki tutorial [here].

I have been following along using the golf model file provided in the sample new car mod on github [here]. I get to a point where I can enter/exit the vehicle with the start car animations all working. However the car remains static with no movement or steering. I feel like the tutorial is either missing some critical steps or I have misunderstood at some point. I'll lay out where I get a little confused with the process below and hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction or provide some external resources!

Action Contexts - [here]

Using the model listed in the github repo I cannot find any of the door_xxx_int options as action contexts.

And whenever I reach this section, when I drag my prefab into the world editor I can enter/exit the vehicle however it remains static with no drop to the ground physics,  steering or engine noise upon the character start animation (I always assumed this should happen later when setting up  VehicleWheeledSimulation).

Wheel/Tyres - [here]

Once I have completed the majority of engine setup When I try to select a class for Tyre it would crash my workbench, I later inherited "VehicleSimulationonTire_M151A2.conf" from the arma reforger prefab that would allow me to set the tyre class without crashing the workbench.

Once I have completed the above I am either left with a car that I can enter/exit but not move, or as soon as i spawn into the world editor to test the car, the entity will simply disapear. So I am Hoping for any kind of help as I'm excited with the possibilities, assuming my car starts to move :).

On 6/22/2022 at 7:43 PM, Frazzles_ said:

Using the model listed in the github repo I cannot find any of the door_xxx_int options as action contexts.

interior variants of the door context where created manually. Those variants are using i.e. v_door_l01 as Pivot ID with some custom offset.

Once I have completed the majority of engine setup When I try to select a class for Tyre it would crash my workbench, I later inherited "VehicleSimulationonTire_M151A2.conf" from the arma reforger prefab that would allow me to set the tyre class without crashing the workbench

This is engine bug which was fixed internally. Due to amount of things that were involved in fixing this issues, fix might appear in 0.9.6 version.

Once I have completed the above I am either left with a car that I can enter/exit but not move,

Do you have any errors in Console Log? They should contain tips about what is going wrong. Your issue might be also caused by lack of animations and right now tutorial for setting vehicle animations is missing. You can verify if that is the issue by for example using sample car animations - those should at least allow you to start engine but beware that they might break your mesh visually.