Sign in to follow this  
Joshua Diener

Bullet Velocity Low

Series X here, not sure about PC. I suspect bullet velocity is quite low, at least for the dragunov. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just used to cod?

Dragunov has a muzzle energy of about 800 m/s. As the bullet exits the barrel if will start to lose energy immediatly. I want to guess you'veen spoiled by CoD as you speculate yourself, but I did not go in-game to test shot-to-impact times 😅

Assuming you are shooting at a target around 500 meters away from you, it'd still take the bullet ~0,6 to reach the target if it was magical and did NOT lose any energy. Now when you approximate things I'd say it should take the round between 0,6 and 0,7 seconds to reach the target. Might do testing later 😂

• Like 1

VE6a8LO.png

Values in game were set according to Soviet firing tables. At 500 meters it takes 0.78 second to reach target and in game, it might be slightly different (especially since game simulates various muzzle velocity speed per bullet - in case of 7N1 round the initial muzzle velocity might vary between +/- 7m/s). Here is for instance table comparing values used in game vs firing tables. Difference between firing tables and comes from the fact that right now we are not using the same algorithm as G7 Ballistic Coefficient ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_coefficient#The_G_model ) but as you can see, difference between measured and expected results is quite small up to ~1300 meters.

x6h2Fp8.png

• Like 4

@reyhard such an awesome informative post! Adds so much to understanding the level of authenticity you guys have worked to put in the game. ty