Sign in to follow this  
harveysimpson

Bcombat, Vcom, TPW, ASR, where are you?

Arma has been a fascination for me since day 1. What the above AI modders managed to achieve only served to sling fuel on the fire of my passion for this series.

I desperately hope to see the above AI mods or AI mods that can achieve similar results reach ARMA Reforger.

I wonder if they would need to be re-written from scratch, adapted or just ported over?

• Like 2

I finally jumped on the Reforger bandwagon a few days ago. Great to finally play a Bohemia game where the audiovisuals are not 5 generations behind the current state of the art upon release. Everon is just sublime.  The new mod tools are also fantastic, but a completely different way of approaching Arma modding and will take quite a bit of getting used to. The scripting is completely different for starters. While I fully intend to port aspects of my mods across to Enfusion based games, it’s a non-trivial undertaking. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

"a non-trivial undertaking" I suspect is an understatement. I just hope you know how excited people will be to implement your mod into their own experimenting. 

• Like 3

The TPW Suppression mod works nicely with ASR AI. We use it on the BECTI Seattle WA server, and the AI fights fiercely but yet seems "human" because heavy firepower can be used to silence them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, harveysimpson said:

Arma has been a fascination for me since day 1. What the above AI modders managed to achieve only served to sling fuel on the fire of my passion for this series.

I desperately hope to see the above AI mods or AI mods that can achieve similar results reach ARMA Reforger.

I wonder if they would need to be re-written from scratch, adapted or just ported over?

For me, a new generation of coders will need to continue work for ArmA Reforger. I love a lot of  the improvements for the Enfusion engine, however there are a lot of concerns that I have with Reforger. 

It's hard for me to want to spend many hours coding for a game that I will not be playing. I was contemplating messing with Enfusion but just decided to move over to Unity and make my own projects for fun until ArmA 4 comes out.

16 hours ago, harveysimpson said:

Give it time. I am sure someone will pick up AI behavior trees and modeling. That is an art unto itself. 

The great thing is with Enfusion workbench, it looks like they have provided all the tools to do some serious work.

Screenshot-2022-06-19-090829.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Give it time. I am sure someone will pick up AI behavior trees and modeling. That is an art unto itself. 

The great thing is with Enfusion workbench, it looks like they have provided all the tools to do some serious work.

Screenshot-2022-06-19-090829.png

It all looks very in depth. 

Hopefully this depth can tempt some of the AI creators I've mentioned to get stuck in. 

After spending two hours trying to work out how to move an AI w/ no documentation, I gave up and applied for a refund. No forums and no documentation at release demonstrated to me that things are a bit underbaked regarding the Reforger situation.

Working my private AI mod in Arma 3 still gives me plenty of enjoyment.

• Sad 1