hylki

Servers using different version of arma 3

Hello everyone i just installed Arma 3 yesterday (again)

The problem:

When i want to join a server it says: "you are running are running a different version of Arma3 use version 2.08"
So on the right bottom the client says im running version 1.8. So i just downloaded it yesterday and it downloaded an old version. Steam doesnt update it.

What i tried to fix this:
- Searching on google (found nothing that can fix this)
- Set arma3 on development build in properties
- Reinstalling arma 3
- Restarted steam few times (maybe it would update arma but no)

Laptop info:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Processor 2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Video Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

The problem is that the linux and MacOS ports of the Arma 3 client have as latest version 1.82 while the windows clients, the windows servers and the linux servers as well run on 2.08 currently.

Therefore sadly there is no suitable solution for your problem.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:13 AM, sarogahtyp said:

The problem is that the linux and MacOS ports of the Arma 3 client have as latest version 1.82 while the windows clients, the windows servers and the linux servers as well run on 2.08 currently.

Therefore sadly there is no suitable solution for your problem.

That sucks.. It's 2023 and there's seriously no solution to this? Linux is becoming a much bigger platform. Keeping us out of the multiplayer by not updating every client at the same rate is just stupid.

It's not stupid, Arma 3 is in its end-of-life state and you or anyone is not subject to any special status. The fact that A3 is still receiving smaller updates is solely a matter of good will of some individuals in BI. Stupid is not getting a normal rig to play a decade-old and practically dead game.

If you want to play on Linux, use Proton, simple-as.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1