Sign in to follow this  
caracal

Does reforger or will it have have stick shift like in dayz, and weapon deployment like in arma3?

I have questions related to features of Arma3 and Dayz.

Does Reforger have the following features currently:

1. stick shift driving like in dayz
  2. Weapon bipod deployment and weapon deployment without bipod, weapon resting (when close to solid things) - This was part of the arma3 marksman dlc

If it does not have that, is it planned or confirmed to not be in the game. I am going to assume a "we do not know yet" means never. Not trying to be mean, I just find these 2 things very important for the gameplay experience. It is sort of critical to know for me on whether to get it. Because if these features are not coming, then the game would feel a bit too dumbed down for consoles.

If a dev could answer these questions it would be very helpful

I'm not a dev. Still going to give something of an answer:

–Manual shifting is in-game, although not enabled by default. There is a mod or two that does enable this feature.

–Weapon resting of any kind is not in-game as of yet.

Them not being in-game does not mean its "dumbed down for consoles", I have really hard time understanding why people think this. Arma 3 was the result of all iterations released since original Operation Flashpoint. Arma Reforger is the result of an entirelly new engine, where nothing from the old could be "brought over", but is made from scratch. Just give them time, they'll make this the greatest iteration of them all, given time and resources. I'm pretty sure weapon resting and bipods are a coming feature, but wheter it'll be Reforger, Arma 4, or Arma 4: Marksman DLC I have no idea.

Would be lovelly if a dev could comment on this, but I bet they're busy as is, so I'm not holding my breath 😅

• Like 2

–Manual shifting is in-game, although not enabled by default. There is a mod or two that does enable this feature.

Does it mean the game has the underlying logic for it and the mod just enables it, like a hidden feature? Or is the mod sort of a hack to simulate it?

I think weapon deployment is an integral feature to a modern realistic fps like this. So it would be great for a dev to confirm it.

From what I see, a lot of features are somewhat present in the code but not complete or fully implemented. I saw mentions of "goggles" eventhough we don't have a slot for it in inventory, there's a "holster weapon" action but no keybinding for it, etc...

I even saw a comment about, maybe, turning "gadgets" into melee weapons, such as shovels.

• Like 1