oldbear

Arma Reforger – An Everon Topographic Map ?

In a game based on the use of the compass and the map for orientation, it could be interesting to have a survey map.

Of course, it would be a useful asset to orient himself and organize the actions of his camp.

The Everon map created by the "topography" code from Operation Flashpoint  Arma:ColdWar Assault is completely useless.

It is always possible to make your own map from assembled screenshots, that's what I did!

It's useful, but it's of poor quality.😕

This is why, in any case, I think that distributing a map in the form of a .pdf file would be a minimum, a printed map would be perfect.

• Like 2

I'm confused, are you trying to create the Everon map in real life using arma?  or are you trying to recreate the CWC everon in Reforger using a height map?

6 hours ago, veles-zv said:

I'm confused, are you trying to create the Everon map in real life using arma?  or are you trying to recreate the CWC everon in Reforger using a height map?

he wants a file (PDF maybe) of the map, that he could eventually print if he wanted to.

This would be really useful, however there’s already a website that has online interactive maps for Arma. The Everon map isn’t on it but they give detailed instructions on how to export it from the game files. So if you’re a PC player I suggest starting there. There’s also an IPhone app where you can upload the maps as well called iZurvive. I’m currently looking for a PDF as well but I haven’t played on my PC in years. 

but yes it would be really useful to have a PDF that you could interact with and come up with game plans when role playing. I find it to be a dumb system on console where I have to constantly balance driving and navigating when I could just do it on my laptop or phone.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, oldbear said:

It is always possible to make your own map from assembled screenshots, that's what I did!

Hey, can you share that?

I can show you the current stage of my work in progress ...

Atzfy3Xl.jpg

I will not share my WIP map because as you can see, ATM it's a rather crude attempt with a lot of missing parts and wrong scale.

It's enough to communicate with my team, or to situate myself when I'm bug hunting, but it's far too far from the quality I expect from a real topographic map.

Moreover, this is the map of a terrain under BI copyright and I do not wish to be in conflict with its provisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1