Zomerzout

Porting Arma 3 mission from one modpack to another

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with restoring an old mission(but from ArmA 3).

So basically, our unit used to have a very nice training map made by one of our Zeuses, he however quit some time ago and we have since moved to a new modpack.

What i'm trying to do is (with his permission) try to make sure the old mission works with the new modpack.

However, I know next to nothing about Arma or its editors, so I am kinda stuck and can't find any related topics.

How would I go about porting this mission (or atleast the map, I can rebuild most of the objects if need be) to the new modpack?

I also don't have the old modpack lying around sadly, although I did find a list in one of the text files of the mission, but It would be a major pain to extract that manually, and maybe it can be done automatically.

To summarize:

Old mission, old modpack, want to have it working in new modpack

Can anybody get me started here?

The video above is your starting point to remove the old mods as dependencies of the mission.

What you at least also have to do before you are able to edit the mission in eden is to remove ( or better just replace the classname with one of the new mods or vanilla ) all objects from mission.sqm which are provided by those old mods (f.e. mod vehicles, mod structures or mod units). Depending on the mission this could be lot of work...

Next thing would be to modify the scripts but you should first do the above before talkin' 'bout scripts.

• Like 2