Reaxgrim

UpdateValues Function Not Running? UI Issue.

The UI updates fine at the start with default values all set apart from when i "Add" to the float it does not add it to the ui when on a Peer Client.

The Issue
Been trying to get my ui to update its values on a peer client but getting nowhere.

Script runs perfectly fine on workbench client. but foodbar widget wont update itself on a peer client even tho the float is changed properly.

class SCR_playerHungerNotifications: SCR_InfoDisplay
Script is component of the Character

When i put a Print in the UpdateValues Function. it does not even print it when on a peer client. but it does print it on workbench client.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Then when i want to add to the hunger value i call AddHunger(float value) in class SCR_HungerSystemComponentClass : ScriptComponentClass  that is on the character

unknown.png

It seems to update the value from seeing it change in console. but then the class SCR_playerHungerNotifications: SCR_InfoDisplay never updates it on the peer client. (works fine on workbench client)

Any ideas or help would be great.

Cheers

Reax.

19 hours ago, Reaxgrim said:

but foodbar widget wont update itself on a peer client even tho the float is changed properly.

How do you know the float is updated properly on the client?

19 hours ago, Reaxgrim said:

It seems to update the value from seeing it change in console.

Where? on the workBench client? So on the Authority.

Sounds like a replication problem.

You show no replication for your properties or RPCs for your methods.

Only going off of what I have read, currently do not own Reforger to test( skint ). You need to either...

• Update vCurrentHunger on the OWNER, maybe RplProp with onRplName and do BumpMe to force broadcast when the value changes on the AUTHORITY, with onRplName updating the UI on the owner
  • Do a RpcDo to the OWNER for onHungerChanged to update vCurrentHunger and update owners UI.
  • Or a mixture of both, RplProp to update vCurrentHunger and RpcDo to update UI.

RpcMethods

RplProp

Also, see examples at bottom of that page that demonstrates replicating data to proxies/owners and RPC calls.

Again just ideas from what I have read as I do not currently own the game.

Yeah most of all that just went over my head 🙂 but at least i have a direction to go now.
You are correct. there is zero replication stuff in my code. 

Complete newb at this stuff so learning as i go. will have a read at what you linked.

thanks for the info 🙂

Sorted now 😄 thanks to this post and also help from AK-40oz i understand the rpl stuff a bit better lol

• Like 1