Casseburne

Grass on road problem

I saw your screenshot. not really sure what this issue is.

Did you use a spline to make the road ?

I have a dirt road on my terrain. It's a spline curve based road that follows the terrain etc. I place the road through a grassy field and the first problem was the "mountain grass" showing through the road. I used the PAINT tool (selected dirt) and painted away the grass. If this isn't your issue than please explain the situation. Your screenshot references a sat map. Is your road not showing on your imported sat map ?

9 hours ago, zeotrope said:

I saw your screenshot. not really sure what this issue is.

Did you use a spline to make the road ?

I have a dirt road on my terrain. It's a spline curve based road that follows the terrain etc. I place the road through a grassy field and the first problem was the "mountain grass" showing through the road. I used the PAINT tool (selected dirt) and painted away the grass. If this isn't your issue than please explain the situation. Your screenshot references a sat map. Is your road not showing on your imported sat map ?

So effectively I created all my roads with spline and indeed the grass appears on it (because underneath it is the Grass_03 texture), my solution is to paint underneath with the Dirt_01 texture but it makes me lose a lot of time

15 hours ago, Casseburne said:

So effectively I created all my roads with spline and indeed the grass appears on it (because underneath it is the Grass_03 texture), my solution is to paint underneath with the Dirt_01 texture but it makes me lose a lot of time

Same. So I guess there should be a checkbox within the spline that eliminates grass. Maybe we are missing something. Maybe there is an entity that we place on the spline the does just that

11 hours ago, Casseburne said:

Anyone find solution ?

Maybe you are aware and if so disregard this......but when you are in the paint tool, hold down ALT and click once and move to a new area and click again etc. This paints along a linear line and can help with things like roads etc. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info even if it's not really a "solution".

indeed when we have a road the grass is put on top that's why, I start by making the road and I put the grass around. if it exceeds I clean the grass with the "default" texture or "dirt" or "asphalt".

You are wasting your time, what I do is I select my splines (road in asphalt for example) I go to "export geographic data", I export in svg.
I open the inskape software, I export in png, then with this export in png, I make a delta between my texture alphalt_01 then I reimport in terrain tool 

On 9/27/2022 at 5:57 AM, Casseburne said:

You are wasting your time, what I do is I select my splines (road in asphalt for example) I go to "export geographic data", I export in svg.
I open the inskape software, I export in png, then with this export in png, I make a delta between my texture alphalt_01 then I reimport in terrain tool 

did you figure this out bro? if you are talking about grass using spline roads i always just reimport satellite map and clears the grass off the roads