ARMAzac

Overthrow 2.0 - The SP/Co-op Revolution Simulator returns!

Well it's been a while but I'm back! I have been eagerly awaiting access to the Enfusion engine so I could start work on a new iteration of the "Overthrow" series. This time it'll be bigger, better, and have way more less bugs.

No idea what Overthrow is? Just check out the Original Arma 3 Mod, this video of Spiffing Brit getting rich selling bananas or one of the many forks/versions that have come since (shouts out to Overthrow Plus and Overthrow WW2!)

Existing Features:

• Working Save & Load!
  • GTA style wanted system. Be a civilian until you're not
  • Town support and stability systems that react to your actions
  • An economy with shops that sell you legal items and black market dealers that sell you pistols/grenades
  • Capturing villages by raising support there
  • Manually place FOBs, sandbags and plenty of other stuff
  • Map bases populated with soldiers of any defined faction and upgraded with checkpoints, tower guards etc using a resource system that reacts to how much of a threat you are
  • Capturing bases by triggering a QRF event and winning the battle
  • Fast travel to any FOB or captured base
  • Fast travel between bus stops
  • Heaps more

Links:

I am aiming for this version to be completely and easily customizable and extendable via the Enfusion Workbench, so you can make and release your own special snowflake version of Overthrow on any map with any modded assets you want and put it on the workshop just by setting it as a dependancy, dragging in some entities and then configuring them as you see fit.

Note that Reforger is still missing a lot of things that a complete Overthrow experience will need (ie AI Driving, aircraft, civilians etc) but we hope that BI will provide these in good time, and there's a lot to do in the meantime 😉

Hope to see you all wanted and running over soldiers to steal their gear in Everon real soon..

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Now available in the Workshop in an early access pre-alpha state

Just search for "Overthrow" and please disable any other mods you have as many early mods have been known to interfere 😉

• Thanks 1

Glad to see Overthrow back!
I played it a bit with a friend and we liked it so far.

A few weird bugs I have discovered:
- There are some ammo boxes in Morton with free weapons (AK-74 and a handgun). I am not sure where they are exactly, since I was able to access them through inventory while being in a fairly large area (hundreds of meters!).

- I wasn't able to figure out where the items are transferred once you purchase them in a shop (I tried gun shop and general shop so far). The money is withdrawn, but I can't see the items in my inventory.

I´m glad that saving is working now, and building is available too, REFORGER lacks good SP content and Overthrow and Eden Sniper Stories are a blast! 😃
Modded weapons will be available in the future (on the resistance shops) or just vanilla? (I mean, does the script detects and adds modded content listed as INDEP weapons like the AK12, Thompson, SIG 17 pistols - which are available in all 3 factions arsenal boxes or at least Vz58 rifles etc)
Cheers!

This is great to see! Thank you to all contributors

Interesting concept. Never tried it out before. Would love to play it on one of new (publicly still unreleased) maps.

ARMAzac.. just a headsup: the latest Reforger update broke Overthrow mod

Error message: "Can´t compile "Game" script module! 
scripts/Game/UserActions/OVT_OpenStorageAction.c(14): Only NULL assignment is allowed"

Bohemia game´s update is a garanteed broken mods extravaganza lol
Cheers!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

ARMAzac.. just a headsup: the latest Reforger update broke Overthrow mod

Error message: "Can´t compile "Game" script module! 
scripts/Game/UserActions/OVT_OpenStorageAction.c(14): Only NULL assignment is allowed"

Bohemia game´s update is a garanteed broken mods extravaganza lol
Cheers!

Yes thank you! Pushed a fix for it a little while ago.

• Like 1

From our discord (link in OP)

Dev Report #5

Not going to tag everyone in this update as there isnt much to say. But just a quick update as to how everything is going.

At this point the mod is in a pretty stable state (thanks to everyone for reporting bugs!) and is somewhat playable for maybe a few hours, but it's also approaching the limit of what can be done with the current state of content in Arma Reforger. In order for Overthrow to move well into the mid-game and beyond there are some key things missing from the platform:

• Commanding AI soldiers
  • AI Driving
  • Civilian clothes & vehicles
  • Helicopters and AI pilots for them
  • Just better AI overall, right now the AI in Reforger is in an early alpha state

Mods can sort of solve some of these missing items but we want Overthrow to work completely on a vanilla install for a lot of reasons.

So for the near future I will be slowly adding some other small features that come to mind as well as fixing any other bugs that come up, but will need to wait for Bohemia to address some of the gaps mentioned above before we can really push things to the next level.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:50 PM, corporal_lib[br] said:

I´m glad that saving is working now, and building is available too, REFORGER lacks good SP content and Overthrow and Eden Sniper Stories are a blast! 😃
Modded weapons will be available in the future (on the resistance shops) or just vanilla? (I mean, does the script detects and adds modded content listed as INDEP weapons like the AK12, Thompson, SIG 17 pistols - which are available in all 3 factions arsenal boxes or at least Vz58 rifles etc)
Cheers!

The original Overthrow in Arma 3 would detect and try to use modded weapons but this is much less possible with the new Enfusion engine. As far as I know there is no way to do a blind detection of modded content currently, and it was also a giant pain to maintain that kind of code in the old overthrow and keep everyone happy with their own special collection of weapon mods and provide a balanced experience.

However.. it is possible to mod any weapons or items you want into Overthrow yourself using the Reforger Workbench and its actually really easy to do. We do plan to release "compatibility mods" for the most popular mods/collections (ie RHS, ACE or whatever else is created for Reforger/Arma 4).

We also invite anyone to release compatibility mods themselves for whatever items or weapons they want. We will concentrate on the vanilla experience as a marker for balance and implementation.

Jump on our discord and hit us up in #reforger-support. I'll be happy to guide anyone on how to mod Overthrow.

Nice... RHS is already on Reforger (wink wink)
And the fix is working, I´m back at Overthrowing again lol! Thnks!

Cheers!

Overthrow 1.0.27 won't start on Reforger 0.9.7.61:

Scripts/Game/GameMode/OVT_OverthrowGameMode.c(122):

Overloading event 'OnPlayerDisconnected' is not allowed

Same issue :

Overthrow 1.0.27 won't start on Reforger 0.9.7.61:

Scripts/Game/GameMode/OVT_OverthrowGameMode.c(122):

Overloading event 'OnPlayerDisconnected' is not allowed

Been many updates, heres a highlight reel of the patch notes:

- New: Build a medical tent at FOBs and captured bases. Can heal there.
- New: Can set home to FOB and captured bases
- New: Can now use the Resistance screen to send money to each other, donate funds to the resistance, set officers and withdraw from resistance funds as well as set a Resistance Tax.
- New: The occupying faction will now send specops groups to known targets and these may trigger a battle to retake bases you've captured.
- New: Garrison soldiers at captured bases (use the flag)
- New: Place a small indoor lamp for light
- New: Build Vehicle Maintenance Ramp at FOB/Base
- New: Repair any vehicle at the above ramp (Hint: Open main menu within range of ramp)
- New: Upgrade the M151A2 to add a turret
- New: Recruit gunner to man vehicle turrets
- New: Civilians now walk around the towns
- New: Buy, sell and rent houses and warehouses
- New: Gun dealers now sell weed
- New: Weed can be sold to civilians walking around for a profit
- Added: Vehicle menu (Shift+U)
- Added: Can store and retrieve items from/to bought or rented warehouses using the vehicle menu

Plus lots and lots of bugfixes, including anything mentioned above this post

• Thanks 1

Few more updates this week. The last for a little while as I'm hoping to move us over to Arkensor's Persistence Framework if that becomes available soon.

- Updated to work with Reforger v0.9.8.53
- Gun dealers now sell mines
- Jobs must now be accepted (or declined)
- Added: Import legal items from ports at wholesale prices using the vehicle menu
- Added: Can now buy garrisons at FOBs using the flag
- Added: Radio towers now effect support of nearby towns
- Added: Can capture radio towers by killing the small garrison there
- Added: Battles for cities and towns will now trigger with high support

• Thanks 1

OK, I'm new to Arma reforger and overthrow and have watched some videos on yt about overthrow. As far as I can see now since over 10 hours of playing overthrow I am missing some things. There are no cars in the game. If I die because enemy soldiers shoot at me while spying on their base, my car gets lost and I can walk for the rest of the time. I can see some weird people wandering around or standing and staring at a wall. That's spooky. But, YAY, I can ask them to join or buy weed. Great! Apart from that it's a very empty world. To see the location of the gun dealer on the map I must restart the game. But I can't see any shops in any town on the map. Entering one and talking to the cash carrier, there's no clerk or what in the shop, the first page is empty and the second page is full of Berettas to buy. Ha? I don't know what this all means and looking into the manual (u) is like looking into an empty glass. Nothing about the game Overthrow, only lots of useless stuff about arma reforger. I have deletes the mod overthrow and the depending mods, reinstalled the rubbish and nothing has changed. I tried this several times but nothing changes. I have no clue how to play Overthrow, just driving around, placing 5 posters in the settlements and after logging out and logging in again some of the tasks that have already been completed reappear. And some are gone, for example the traitor job is gone. As my car ran out of fuel I couldn't refuel it using the fuel canister in the trunk. For what reason is there a fuel canister in the trunk of the car with 25% fuel in it when you can't refuel the car with it? 

On 6/3/2022 at 11:43 AM, ARMAzac said:

I can't get past the Capthca for the Discord server. What's up with that? It keeps throwing one up asking if I'm a robot over and over again. I am not a bot and hate those things. LOL

Can I get some help from you about Overthrow? I was doing a mission and after I completed it, I returned to my jeep and it was gone. Do they get stolen in the game or did I just experience a bug?

Hi, would it be feesable to use the Save/load functions from this mission on other game modes say like sp pve conflict? ofc with mod authuers permission??