firefall70

How can I edit the Eden map?

Hi,
in the first weeks I could move or remove assets from the eden map directly, and over a week I created my own custom towns and villages. Since the last updated, all my work from last week is lost and the changes are undone.
I guess you are not allowed to edit the default layer of Eden any more.
But how can I now make changes to already existing maps? For example, remove buildings and replace them with other assets?

Since the day of the release it was not possible to delete anything from the map directly and permanently.

So idk what you did but this was never possible for sure.

I guess there is a solution for hiding such objects with scripting at least but i did not get an answer in forum and discord to that qeustion upto now. I think that will happen sooner or later....

10 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Since the day of the release it was not possible to delete anything from the map directly and permanently.

So idk what you did but this was never possible for sure.

Oh it was possible you just clicked on a building press delete, and it's gone, and it was "permanent" in terms that you could save and load that mod till the most recent update.
Probably the devs did not want this functionality and removed it in the last update? But I can't imagine it since why would they give us access to all this tools and then draw the line at some buildings.

57 minutes ago, firefall70 said:

But how can I now make changes to already existing maps? For example, remove buildings and replace them with other assets?

Have a look at the first part of my Cinematic Timeline howto movie. 

I had exact the same problems, but by copying the world using 'save as' (in the correct directory structure) works like a charm for me.
My biggest problem was not being able to control the TimeAndWeatherManager as it was locked.

DISCLAIMER:  i have no clue how this ends up in multiplayer - as i dont make missions etc.  

• Like 3