Outcast master

US military Weapons

Question

So I'm a fan of the Cold war US and Soviet Military and noticed that the US has completely switched to the M16A2 without any units using the M16A1 at all, even support infantry don't have at least one man using the A1. It's very small and kinda petty but every time I play as the US I keep noticing it, is there any chance the Devs would eventually add the M16A1 to some infantry units in the future?

5 answers to this question

The M16a2 was adopted as the primary infantry rifle of the US military in 1986 and I would imagine that by 1989 (the year that reforger is set in), most if, not all a1 models had been phased out.  The original Arma:cwc would make sense to have the M16a1 model instead of the a2.  I guess if the devs are going for historical accuracy, then the a2 is probably what line infantry units were issued at the time.  

Every soldier I've talked to from that time period had an A2. Maybe the marines would've had A1's, the marines never have new shit.

3 minutes ago, PajamaBinLaden said:

Every soldier I've talked to from that time period had an A2. Maybe the marines would've had A1's, the marines never have new shit.

Marines actually adopted the a2 in 1983 where as the army in 1986.

17 hours ago, MrWhiskerBiscut said:

Marines actually adopted the a2 in 1983 where as the army in 1986.

Oh, well I definitely thought it was still in service up until the mid 90s. Be it not in a big spot in the Military.

There are already community made M16A1 weapons in Workshop. You can try luck in there.