madrussian

Controls issue (please help)

Loving many aspects of Reforger so far.  However can't jump on board fully yet due to two severe (seemingly related) issues:

• From normal view (not looking down sights), pressing "Toggle Sights" should result in looking down sights.  However roughly 50%, upon pressing "Toggle Sights" I don't end up looking down sights.  From sights view, pressing "Toggle Sights" should result normal view (not looking down sights).  However roughly 50%, upon pressing "Toggle Sights", I don't end up looking down sights.  To summarize, "Toggle Sights" works about 50% of the time, and doesn't work the other 50% of the time.
  • From 1st person, pressing "Change Perspective" should result in 3rd person.  However, roughly 50% of the time I don't end up in 3rd person.  Likewise from 3rd person, pressing "Change Perspective" should result in 1st person.  However, roughly 50% of the time I don't end up in 1st person.  To summarize, "Change Perspective" works about 50% of the time, and doesn't work the other 50% of the time.

More specifics:

1. In both cases (above), upon pressing the control I can see the camera motion fiddling around a little bit, like it started to switch and just ended up switching back.
  2. I made sure that both of these controls are set to exclusive keys, meaning no other controls are set to those same keys.  (And obviously these two controls are set to different keys.  Also note, when I say "key" I mean key or mouse button.)

Either of these problems alone is pretty much a show-stopper.  Taken together, they make for a completely maddening experience!

Any suggestions?

Hello

I'm assuming you've changed those key binds at some point the quickest way to fix it is to just reset all the key binds to default and just stick with default or you can head over to your .chimeraUserImput.conf which is in \Users\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\profile and change it so that it looks similar to this

ActionManager {
  Action CharacterWeaponADS {
   InputSource InputSourceSum "{5986B16868216D84}" {
    Sources {
     InputSourceValue "{5986B1686A441257}" {
      Input "mouse:button1"
      Filter InputFilterClick "{5986B16871751ADE}" {
       ClickDuration 200
      }
     }
    }
   }
  }
  Action SwitchCameraType {
   InputSource InputSourceSum "{5986B1683C17B5D5}" {
    Sources {
     InputSourceValue "{5986B1683F7B4037}" {
      Input "keyboard:KC_NUMPADENTER"
      Filter InputFilterDown "{5986B168C1196524}" {
      }
     }
    }
   }
  }
 }
}

the main thing you need to add is the InputFilter.
i would also recommend you check out this steam guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809621683

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thafoxey said:

I'm assuming you've changed those key binds at some point

Yes.  Iirc, "Toggle Sights" by default is bound to the same key as another control as well (zoom perhaps?).  To help troubleshoot, I rebound "Toggle Sights" and "Change Perspective" to exclusive keys.  99% sure I was having these problems with vanilla key setup too, but I'll double-check.  Hopefully no controls in the game are (even halfway) hardcoded, such that certain controls can't be rebound successfully (due to cross-talk, etc).

Good info to go on, I'll check this out.  Thank you. 🙂

Ok, I had a minute to try Reforger again.

I put all controls back to default just for testing purposes, and confirmed that both "Toggle perspective" and "Aiming down sights (toggle)" work as expected.  The thing is, I will never play this way.  The first thing I do with any new game is go set up my keys.

I tried remapping "Toggle perspective" to several other keys (one at a time).  All other keys (that I tried) have same original problem (see above), where camera flinches a bit but I only end up actually switching perspective ~ 50% of the time.

I tried remapping "Aiming down sights (toggle)" to several other keys (one at a time).  All other keys (that I tried) have same original problem (see above), where camera flinches a bit but I only end up actually switching sights aiming perspective ~ 50% of the time.

Getting up and running with a new game from an established developer shouldn't be this hard.  Imo remapping keys in-game should just work.  (I haven't messed with ".chimeraUserImput.conf" yet.)  I'm sure I'll love Arma 4 (& maybe Reforger) one day, but right now I'm really regretting this purchase...