CEDE Nullis

Mission Building Q&A - Hiding Buildings in Everon Base Map

Following UselessFodders fantastic Mission Building guide for Reforger and also Gavin M's guide to placing Entities In Reforger, both of which are full of amazing insights and are both easy to follow introductions to Mission Building in Reforger, (and hopefully eventually ARMA 4), but neither of them has touched on how, or if it's even possible, to  hide pre-placed entities that are already in the Everon map.

In Eden we could use the HideTerrainObject module  to remove buildings; is there an equivalent in the Reforger World Builder? 

I haven't tested this, but the first 6 minutes of this video explains how to set up Everon in the editor so you can edit the terrain. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I haven't tested this, but the first 6 minutes of this video explains how to set up Everon in the editor so you can edit the terrain. 

This is for sure a very good solution for the problem of being not able to edit the original world.

But does anybody know what this means for the mission size? Saving the whole world into the addon when you are just creating a little mission should have an impact on size I guess...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

This is for sure a very good solution for the problem of being not able to edit the original world.

But does anybody know what this means for the mission size? Saving the whole world into the addon when you are just creating a little mission should have an impact on size I guess...

Yes, I would assume that you are creating your own custom terrain, with your mission, and the file size would be quite large.

Thanks that's a great link, I'll be having another crack at it and will post results of how it works and any file size issues.

• Like 1