Jorgo32

What maps are you working on?

Curious to hear what maps people are working on.

Is it a real place?

Historical area?

Size?

I am working on the Golan heights, an area that saw heavy combat during one of the Arab- Israeli wars (valley of tears)

10Km x 10Km

unknown.png?width=1314&height=910

unknown.png

XNfP9dr.png

• Like 3

- Real place? 

Yes. A place called winchester IL that I found while flying over google earth that was perfect for my wargame/world in conflict style map. Currently only about 15-20% of the map is filled in(roughly) . With alot of work to go especially with detail greebling. 

-Size 

6x6km

-Game modes

not there yet but hoping to make it work with conflict. But the map should be huge for zombie modders. I might remake the map at some point if somebody decides to add hundreds of high fidelity american objects like farm stuff , and houses/buildings. Otherwise the weird modernist western euro designs will have to do. 

-Trivia

This map is hand painted. Meaning instead of using masks to easily import the textures , its a blank slate that i am personally hand painting onto the google earth sat map you see in the first picture. This was done because i didnt know how to do the other ways , and was inexperienced. 

map13.png

map1.png

map2.png

map3.png

map4.png

map5.png

map6.png

map7.png

map8.png

map9.png

map10.png

map11.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jorgo32 said:

Curious to hear what maps people are working on.

Is it a real place?

Historical area?

Size?

I am working on the Golan heights, an area that saw heavy combat during one of the Arab- Israeli wars (valley of tears)

10Km x 10Km

unknown.png?width=1314&height=910

Would love an entire dlc devoted to that area and time period of 6 day war

19 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Would love an entire dlc devoted to that area and time period of 6 day war

I was contemplating diving into modelling so that may be a route I take. I do 3d modeling for my line of work so its not a huge stretch for me. I also know the Task Force Canada mod devs which can give me some solid advice. If there is enough interest I would definitely give it a shot!

50 minutes ago, wyattmoon102 said:

- Real place? 

Yes. A place called winchester IL that I found while flying over google earth that was perfect for my wargame/world in conflict style map. Currently only about 15-20% of the map is filled in(roughly) . With alot of work to go especially with detail greebling. 

-Size 

6x6km

-Game modes

not there yet but hoping to make it work with conflict. But the map should be huge for zombie modders. I might remake the map at some point if somebody decides to add hundreds of high fidelity american objects like farm stuff , and houses/buildings. Otherwise the weird modernist western euro designs will have to do. 

Looks amazing dude! I do hope someone makes an asset pack for north American buildings

Real Place: Block Island

It is based on northern Block Island, which is in the state of Rhode Island. The geography is mostly the same, but I've added things that aren't there as the island is mostly just summer homes IRL.

Size: It is a 7x7Km map, but a lot of that is just water.

Historic Relevance: None

Unless you count the Pequot War, in which 90 militia men burned down some native villages on the island, or a very brief occupation by the British navy during the war of 1812.

Planned Game Modes: Zeus and Conquest

Maybe will also have a couple Capture and Hold missions and a little short story mission.

Images

https://imgur.com/a/ZVlHJPy

It is only the first pass, but I think it is coming along nicely

https://imgur.com/a/9tRyvBX

Progress (As of 6/2/22)

I've gotten to about the red line on this heightmap detailed.

https://imgur.com/a/fOwnb6L

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 4:41 AM, ForestFighters said:

Images

you can embed images to your post with the drop down menu "insert other media" in the bottom right corner.

To get the correct link of your imgur posts:

1. open your link on imgur like this https://imgur.com/a/fOwnb6L

2. right click the image on imgur page

3. choose "copy image adress" (or similar)

4. you ll get this link which you can use with the Insert other media menu: https://i.imgur.com/IxAxCdZ.png

I did this for your images so a forum reader needs not to head over to imgur to view it.

@ForestFighters work:

uUwkvXn.png

@ForestFighters work:

6jaSwO7.jpeg

@ForestFighters work:

IxAxCdZ.png

• Like 2

I've had my ups and downs with the terrain editor since a3 but as far as learning curves go, not horrible all things considered.

I thought I'd learn how to do various things first and then move on to create the map I want.

currently dealing with a bug atm that seems to prevent me from creating new terrains. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165607

Spoiler

QIW0fD2.jpg6xm6P9q.jpg

Spoiler

salisbury plain training area

50MPOjK.png

Couple of images of the test map

Spoiler

DD68w7i.jpgmM0ev1x.jpgjZbntjX.jpg

F6MXpXO.jpg

Spoiler

Es5bKQp.jpgjHp827u.jpgvwQPSBg.jpg8nlQS5Q.jpg

Edited by X-FormG
Added more images of map
  • Like 1

vIPnFiI.png

Just a small 1km x 1km to test the new features,

Can only work on it for an hour or two before I get motion sickness, I think its accidentally changing the speed when I'm trying to zoom that disorientates my anticipations of movement.

Currently fixing satmap then ill do more clutter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Plantroots said:

Yeah there is an issue with creating new terrains, i've started on two maps so far and wanted to start on a third one, but i couldn't make it without crashing the Tools, i think it will be fixed in the next update.

Regarding the current bug being described:  I did read the below text from a YouTube comments section that may help.  I have not yet attempted the fix but it might help?

Максим Гордеев

16 hours ago

Hello guys! I hope all of you in this branch who still have that issue will get my reply. I had the same issue. Start with a blank world, create new terrain entity, do the "create new terrain" thing (terrain is invisible), then delete terrain entity and immediately revert this step. Terrain should appear and you'll be able to save the world. P. S. I appologize to SepticFalcon for effectively spamming with solution in comments but I just really want to help everyone because I understand their frustration too well. I have 59 crash dumps as a reminder after all my attempts to get rid of that nasty issue.

• Like 3

I am working on two real maps located in France. the first a small rural town near my home small card almost finished. the second the Normandy beaches 20kmx10km approximately

On 9/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, jordi771 said:

I am working on two real maps located in France. the first a small rural town near my home small card almost finished. the second the Normandy beaches 20kmx10km approximately

Do you have custom assets for the Normandy map or do you just use the default Reforger assets ?

I'm working on a fictional map which I aim to be placed in in France aswell - set in WW2 😄