computer

Please give arma reforger and enfusion forums

Forums are much more search engine friendly than alternatives such as discord.
I hope we don't create black holes of information around modding, like happened with Dayz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Let's build an open, login free knowledge base for Enfusion!
Which can be accessed with google and is hosted on bohemia wiki and bohemia forums, requiring no extra steps or logins to VIEW and access!

So that our children and grandchildren can still access the information in the future,

When they are asking the same question, that we had 10 years ago, they can find the answer to it in a forum or on the BIKI,

instead of black holes of information such as discord sucking up all the knowledge from all the future ENFUSION users!!

Cmon, Who's with me?

• Like 2

Plus, these forums can already be accessed without a login. You only need a login to contribute, which shouldn't change.

• Like 1

As someone who´s spent the last 3 days scrounging info from biki, youtube and the reforger discord - with discord being most helpful but also biggest mess i´ve seen in years -  i wholeheartedly support this proposal.

Forums not being up already is actually super weird!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mr burns said:

Yeah agreed. And I am not a fan of Discord as an information repository. Stuff gets lost in the fluff so quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr burns said:

100% this!

I have already vented my anger here (Discord Channel)  today. You are cordially invited to make a contribution there.

They said in the latest Dev Report the Reforger/Enfusion forum will be live soon.

3 minutes ago, EO said:

They said in the latest Dev Report the Reforger/Enfusion forum will be live soon.

yeah, this is what they published there but its also the same as they state since 2 weeks everywhere ... 

4 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

but its also the same as they state since 2 weeks everywhere

At the bottom though it says Published at 27 May 2022, that was this past friday so maybe 2 weeks ago most of that page was but the bottom

part may have been updated on that date.

As soon as there is enough information from community and BI contributions to this would be Reforger forum, and biki which knowing

how this community works with its info not a bad thing but for the noob its gives no direction, and is a search and learning headache,

you can count on me compiling something for Reforger.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

and biki which knowing

how this community works with its info not a bad thing but for the noob its gives no direction, and is a search and learning headache [...]

I'm still learning as I go, but so far my experience, as someone who never touched anything like C# before : the learning curve isn't as steep as I thought. Reading what's available on wiki and exploring the file structures via the workbench tools does give a rough idea of the overall workflow. Right now, IMO, what's really missing from wiki is documentation about new notions like "Widgets" and a few other things that aren't touched on in the sample addons.

But yeah, the absence of a proper discussion board is detrimental in any case... The official forum remains the best source of information in my experience, and the best place to discuss released addons and provide feedback. Right now, modders have 0 visibility on how their work is received and can't even address potential concerns or confusions about their work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, haleks said:

Right now, modders have 0 visibility on how their work is received and can't even address potential concerns or confusions about their work.

Thats a very good point because, when i was last in AR earlier this week i noticed alot of new content on the workshop which is pretty neat,

but it dont seem to be "contributor" friendly in the sense that, considering the game is on steam, theres no way of linking or having a direct

association with the contributor like with Arma 3 Steam workshop.

So example is if i go to a workshop mod page, i can click on the modder's name,

and see everything they've created as well as on that content page be able to leave a comment, feedback ect,.

i can only assume BI is still working on aspects of it, tweaking things, ect,.  Imo i'd prefer Steam workshop over

what AR has setup in its current state at least, although the convenience of the AR workshop is nice, its just lacking as you

said in that most important area that feedback.

A good rating is a good start on feedback but players need to be able to ask questions too, i think once the AR forum gets setup here

content creators could use the appropriate section (mods, scenarios, tools, terrains, and what have you) to establish a release thread

if thats something that deems their interest.

I didn't even know reforger was a thing intul about 20 minutes ago.

The videos I've seen so far all gloss over what in my opinion is the most important factor.  How is the new AI?  Have they fixed any of the myriad of AI problems from previous arma games?

Today during the downtime of all bohemia pages I thought they would setup the new  AR forum... damn!

13 hours ago, flyingsaucerinvasion said:

Have they fixed any of the myriad of AI problems from previous arma games?

Nearly everything in AR is new. But also everything feels like a wireframe or template. It  has to get filled firstly and this also aplies to the AI...