Wiki

[Poll] ArmA Reforger / Arm4

ArmA Reforger / Arm4  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you bought ArmA Reforger or are you waiting for Arm4?

• I've bought ArmA Reforger
    • I'm waiting for Arm4

Bought it cause I am a fanboy and...

Because... Arma

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When they go back to their roots and release a title that includes the old COOP style Warfare/CTI missions from OFP/Arma1/Arma2 AND with vastly improved AI behavior, THEN I will support it and for any amount of money they want.

But not now, not at this stage of what we're getting, and certainly not with PvP being it's main focus as it is. Just no.

• Like 3

I  am curious about the enfusion engine and anything new in relation to ARMA, I have spent alot more money on alot less.

Im very happy to have it bought. Yes the content now is very little BUT the reforger tools tool is a beast and will the community make create so much high quality content never seen before. All the things which players want to have will get created. The creators are on the track right now. In 2 month i guess you ll have so much more content.

Yeah im happy with it 🙂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

1. I support BI.

2. I need to learn how to create in the new environment.

3. I hope that what small contribution I make now, will make Arma 4 better when released.

I fully agree. I am a big fan since Operation Flashpoint. I have bought first Arma on cd, but was slightly disapointed at the end of the campaign. I have skipped Arma 2, but believed in Arma 3 and bought early too, if I rember correctly. Now I have been eager to know, where the Arma is heading and I am very pleased and look forward into the future. I hope our money will not be wasted on this 😉

I'm waiting for ARMA 4, because I am mostly SP oriented player... though I may take the plunge because I know I can play MP alone in reforger in gamemaster mode... and the game is beautiful, the sound is awesome... If I can hold myself, I'll wait for ARMA 4...

I bought Reforger mainly to help support the path ahead to A4, but hopeful it will generate some cool SP content.

• Like 3

On 5/18/2022 at 11:23 PM, Wiki said:

Have you bought ArmA Reforger or are you waiting for Arm4?

And why?

I bought Arma Reforger certainly not because I'm a fan of pvp, i did it for two reasons, i would support (and I'll always do) BI, i want to see the new engine and how it evolves.

• Like 2

I bought it even tho I mainly play SP, and mess around in the editor, because I wanted to support BI, and see the new game engine. I'm not sure how much I'll play the game long term, but I'm happy with my purchase.

As far as everyone wanting a Eden like editor ingame, it will never happen. Any ingame editor will have to be made for consoles, which you could never make a proper mission on. There's no way to have a proper interface, and do scripting on console, so any ingame editor will be very simplistic.

What we need is a proper Eden like editor included in the tools for PC.  

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

I bought it even tho I mainly play SP, and mess around in the editor, because I wanted to support BI, and see the new game engine. I'm not sure how much I'll play the game long term, but I'm happy with my purchase.

As far as everyone wanting a Eden like editor ingame, it will never happen. Any ingame editor will have to be made for consoles, which you could never make a proper mission on. There's no way to have a proper interface, and do scripting on console, so any ingame editor will be very simplistic.

What we need is a proper Eden like editor included in the tools for PC.  

Your right concerning the editor, although they had a very reasonable editor in ofp-elite on the original xbox iirc. Nowhere near like the pc version (ofp) of that time of course. Consoles have moved on a pace over the years, so they should get a good editor for arma 4, should arma 4 be on console.

As to getting reforger or not. I got over helping the cause a while back, I have all the titles in this series inc ofp-elite (xbox) & all dlc's, plus TOH, TOM, CC even ylands, I stopped at that.

No not this Reforger, there would have to be good ai to even consider it, which by all accounts so far, it hasn't got.

But I watch the videos and its pretty, but that was the least of the things I wanted really.

I couldn't vote on the poll, not sure I'll get 4 yet, if I'm still alive and kicking to bother or indeed remember.

I didn't buy Reforger, because there's no SP content and not only am I still on ADSL, I have to share it with the family. Yes, really, 1Mb/s for the whole damn house, and for the price of premium-quality fiber connection, at that. I'd love to play around with it, but with no content that can be enjoyed without a decent internet connection, I'm gonna pass. Unless Elon takes pity on my country and makes Starlink subscriptions available at less cutthroat prices, or those dolts at the local ISP (a monopoly, what did you expect?) finally pull fiber over here, then I'm stuck in SP for the foreseeable future.

Bought. Not sure to discern the improvement with enfusion. It seems to me a mix of Arma and Squads (for building, menus, PvP session...).

If it's a step for Arma 4, with 3den like editor, accessible commands and functions, better AIs    :thumbsup:

If it's a kind of Squads, plus AIs and briefly made scenarios... :thumbsdown:

So wait and see.

At this time, I found AIs sharp and quick on the trigger, but sometimes dumb (when you are close and AI "has to decide" to fire or to fight melee, I guess, or when you are climbed on a tower: not shooting if elevation is high). Nothing revolutionary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

At this time, I found AIs sharp and quick on the trigger, but sometimes dumb (when you are close and AI "has to decide" to fire or to fight melee, I guess, or when you are climbed on a tower: not shooting if elevation is high).

Pretty much what i experienced in some limited testing as well. I liked that they much better orient and dont do all those extraneous movements mid firefight of Arma thats haunted us for so long. I also likes that one had his back to me as I approached him on the street and when he realized I was there -seemed to have an Alert reaction maybe yelled something and snapped to action to fire at me. I also noticed that when really close they tend to hesitate -which is possible to happen in RL id garner but id only like that as a feature not a glitchy bug. Really the only game ive known to have a perfect reaction of Missile to Melee when point blank range is Warband series - the Archers ALWAYS pull out their Knives if you get really close - but that series also doesnt have to worry about Line of Sight, its just insta-knowledge of enemy in close proximity. 

Overall they seem better at reactions - obviously jumping outta the way of cars and running from grenades is a great addition -havent experienced it yet but seen video. Another Plus was I fired at an AI on a 2nd floor of a building and then ran and he basically chased/followed me towards the 3rd floor stairwell where i was waiting. It wasnt perfect as the first time he came up stairs he didnt react when getting right on top of my position but he finally kinda reset himself took aim from a lower stairs -and fired. Id say thats big improvement from Arma interior building fighting -but of course could still use work.

Lastly the first night i tried I fired at an Enemy position over PineWood lake some 3-400m away, and they reacted and actually navigated running around the whole lake to get to my position. It played out very well imo. But the next night -I did the same and instead the AI tried to swim over the lake which made no sense.

Overall im definitely positive about this AI - alot of necessary  back-to-the-beginning type stuff which i think will make a nice new and good foundation.

• Like 3

I purchased reforger to get a feel for what the future of the ArmA series will be like, it is only a bare-bones testing platform but it has a lot of potential. The game is currently crashing for me every time i play on a server BUT i can see where it's going so I'm happy to wait for BI to patch and update. I support BI 110% The ArmA series has been an epic journey for me and my pals over the years. Quite happy to quit my job as a Maintenance Engineer to test this game continually from home as i feel this will be nothing short of EPIC given time so if you want a 40 something tester give me a call!

Bohemia Interactive listen to their community unlike many other companies, a rarity these days.

[SONAF]Blue 🙂

• Like 1

I bought Reforger and personally I think it's crap and a step back from Arma 3 so i requested a refund. If this is any indication of what Arma 4 will be like I won't be wasting my money. Very disappointing IMO.

I planned to wait but my friends gifted me the game for my birthday.. 😅

I've bought Reforger purely out of curiosity. Fully knowing it's not representative of Arma 4 yet I still was disappointed how limited and console focused it was.

• Like 1