IlTrivella

[RESOLVED] NO AUDIO on xbox

I downloaded ARMA REFORGER for xbox x series, but i can't hear game audio. I tried installing a second time and it didn't fix. I use an Astro A40 TR headphone set with Mixamp PRO

I too am having this exact same issue.

I am playing on Xbox Series X and am using a RIG wired headset.

For whatever reason, if I play ArmA Reforger with my headset plugged in, there is NO game audio whatsoever. If I unplug the headset, audio is immediately restored.

This issue is specific to ArmA Reforger. No other game I play does this. All other games have game audio coming through my TV speakers and they all work fine.

Bohemia Interactive, PLEASE fix this issue. I want to play Reforger VERY BADLY but I will need to use a headset to do it.

• Like 2

*** UPDATE ***

the problem is an account assignment conflict to the headset device. I solved it like this:

in the xbox settings menu look for the peripherals section, go to headphones and in assignment create a "guest" user. The headphones will be reassigned and the audio will activate !

This issue is not resolved for me, and according to various posts I've seen on the ArmA reddit, others are having it as well.

I did figure something out, though.

It seems this is only affecting people who are using headsets with the game audio only going through their speakers instead of their headsets.

Bohemia Interactive, PLEASE fix this issue!

• Like 2

Same issue for me on series x. No game audio weather through tv or my primary use is my surround sound system. Any time I plug in my chat headset it disables game audio on my sound system. It will play both game audio and comms through chat headset only regardless of game audio setting and chat mixer settings.  Not being able to use a mic on Arma is a huge problem. As we know comms on this sim is a necessity. 

• Like 1

I like to make a fair point.

I played arms 3 on pc and  am now playing on console (Xbox). Arma reforger is a amazing game but the only thing killing it is I can hear everybody but nobody can hear me. It’s strait torture I’m forced to go Rambo style it’s fun for only so long. Having a battle buddy would make a difference so I’m forced to use party chat and it kills the immersive gameplay with coms and proximity chat not being used it’s just Doesn’t feel the same. Makes me feel like I should’ve waited longer but us Arma fans Expect better than a lac of (communication) literally 

Same problem with series x for me. No game audio, whether on the TV or in my main surround sound setup. Every time I plug in my chat headset, my sound system's game audio is turned off. Regardless of the chat mixer and game audio settings, it will only play communications through the chat headset. The inability to utilise a microphone with Arma is a major issue. Communications on this sim are obviously essential.

I’m having the same issue. I have an astro a40 headset paired with a mixamp. When i have the headset plugged into the mixamp (which is plugged into the tv via optical cable) I get no audio at all but if i plug it directly into the controller the sound works. This works but its not optimal as the audio can be rather quiet even with ingame audio settings at 100 and the mixamp allows me to adjust it further. I tried the fix mentioned above and that did nothing unfortunately.