When are we getting a proper Reforger sub-forum? angry.gif

By the way... I can't wait to get my hands dirty on that shiny new toy. ninja.png

• Like 2

I'd imagine when they're finished decking out the Reforger Discord, hopefully they remember there is still an active forum here. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, EO said:

I'd imagine when they're finished decking out the Reforger Discord, hopefully they remember there is still an active forum here. 

Has discord displaced this place?

• Haha 1

Just my own opinion/observation but yes, moderators and devs are active more or less all day everyday on Discord.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EO said:

Just my own opinion/observation but yes, moderators and devs are active more or less all day everyday on Discord.

So we ARE the proverbial Red headed stepchildren....alas

But we knew that already right? :tounge2:

If your not active on Tweeter or Disharmony then your out the loop.

• Haha 2

Discord really sucks for the kind of organized group connection and discussion you get on a forum such as this. But it's shiny, so...

• Like 5

I think they like the decentralization- takes away accountability 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, EO said:

If your not active on Tweeter or Disharmony then your out the loop.

Heh, very good.

Just now, Harzach said:

Discord really sucks for the kind of organized group connection and discussion you get on a forum such as this. But it's shiny, so...

Dude, don't forget all the cynicism they're missing out on over there. I just can't do without.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Janez said:

Dude, don't forget all the cynicism they're missing out on over there. I just can't do without.

It's my favorite part!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

When are we getting a proper Reforger sub-forum?

Even the forum button on the reforger devhub page has disappeared.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Janez said:

Wait....hold up.....There's cynicism on there too?!

Where do I sign up?

I"m already excited it's a full object oriented language now instead of a functional script SQF was.  Not that SQF was bad, I'm just a programmer that enjoys OO.  I do however think that due to the added complexity of having a full blown programming language and dev toolkit we need a good way to share scripting information.

- Subforum would be nice

- There is already a discord apparently what is the server ?

- Are there any old Arma 3 scripters that have big plans ?

10 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Wait....hold up.....There's cynicism on there too?!

Where do I sign up?

Nah bud, you need bunch of pricks for that sort of thing and you can find it only on BIF. Exclusively.

I'm so proud of you guys! 💪

• Haha 2

^^^^THIS ^^^^ Great info.

I asked yesterday on discord and one of the mods said today the forums would be up. But no joy.

We need to have a forum if the community is going to learn. Discord is not the tool to work out problems, and post code, scripts, etc. Until then create topics here. Maybe they will get the idea.

There is some good wikis coming out.

I thought I heard that with workbench, you can create all your own stuff, end to end. For example, place a custom vehicle in a mission, create the mission or scenario, and those assets would be available to everyone. No more needing players to have all the mods, they would be part of the mission, pushed out to them.

Can anyone comment on this?

There are some great things to come I am sure.

12 hours ago, celludriel said:

I"m already excited it's a full object oriented language now instead of a functional script SQF was.  Not that SQF was bad, I'm just a programmer that enjoys OO.  I do however think that due to the added complexity of having a full blown programming language and dev toolkit we need a good way to share scripting information.

- Subforum would be nice

- There is already a discord apparently what is the server ?

- Are there any old Arma 3 scripters that have big plans ?

1. Agreed

2. All the discord servers are under Arma

3. I know Roy86 is already reworking Patrol Ops 4, and pushed out a place holder to the workshop.

I started a topic here on Enfusion Technical Discussion

On 5/18/2022 at 4:13 PM, dave_pilot said:

yeah i mean i am a software dev myself, but i am honestly not in the mood to mess with another IDE after 8 hours of work. i want a simple editor, like EDEN was. 

Pretty much this, As much as the new Editor is honestly amazing and powerful. After sat doing software developement all day the old eden editor was a blessing for when you either wanted to quickly test a proof of concept or just do stupid stuff like attach AA guns to camels..

Although I highly doubt it would happen. An API to allow the C based language and bringing back 'SQF' through ingame editor to allow best of both worlds would be amazing, There was some great devs in a2/a3 that wouldn't even try to make stuff if its kept the way its currently is.

It would be nice just to get some official clarification re an eden like mission editor and SP/Coop for reforger I believe it is a pretty popular question, hope they can give some info soon as personally PvP is the last thing I play an ArmA title for. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, jeza said:

It would be nice just to get some official clarification re an eden like mission editor and SP/Coop for reforger I believe it is a pretty popular question, hope they can give some info soon as personally PvP is the last thing I play an ArmA title for. 

Yes, something official would be nice.

Personally, I don't expect a proper Eden like editor in Reforger, maybe some expansion of the Games Master, including saves, but that's about it.

I mentioned this in another thread, but any ingame editor would have to be made for consoles, and there's no way you could do complex mission editing on console. What we need is a proper Eden like editor included in the Enfusion workbench tools. 

Well even if it just got streamlined and of course gives us the ability to Save a scenario. Seen a guy on youtube trying to make a co-op mission and it seemed to take him hours just to get some cohesive AI groups spawned and given waypoints -that aint acceptable.

Also dont know if anyone remembers but there was a modder who basically built a makeshift 3d editor before Eden even came out -i built a few really cool missions with it but the only problem was it required any mission user to also have that pretty hefty Addon -felt bad for the guy when Eden came out as that was a real labor of love project.

7 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

[...]felt bad for the guy when Eden came out as that was a real labor of love project.

Didn't BI hire him/her/them to make the EDEN editor? I might have imagined that...

18 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Also dont know if anyone remembers but there was a modder who basically built a makeshift 3d editor before Eden even came out

Yep we have that for arma 2 although don't use it now. I like the 2d still for 2.