37 minutes ago, britforce said:

Yep we have that for arma 2 although don't use it now. I like the 2d still for 2.

A2 has a built-in 3D editor. He's talking about a mod - M3Editor by Maca134 (unless there was another one).

23 minutes ago, Harzach said:

A2 has a built-in 3D editor. He's talking about a mod - M3Editor by Maca134 (unless there was another one).

Yes there was a 3d built in but not used, had to tickle some keys to get into it. But if I recall there was a modder that expanded it.

Ctrl-E for the stock one.

Does anyone knows how to reduce the speed camera when moving around in the worldeditor? It drives me crazy... I can't properly place entities because my camera is too fast and the zoom too big 😑

8 minutes ago, papanowel said:

Does anyone knows how to reduce the speed camera when moving around in the workbench? It drives me crazy... I can properly place entities because my camera is too fast 😑

I believe you can hold right click + scroll up/down. There is also a little "camera" tab that you can click on, and get an option to change the camera speed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

I believe you can hold right click + scroll up/down. There is also a little "camera" tab that you can click on, and get an option to change the camera speed.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

You solved my issue. 😎

• Like 1

woprkbench is just way too complex to make missions for the average mission maker I'm trying don't get me wrong but missions making specific documentation is pretty hard to find. i don't want to edit maps move or remove buildings or build assets from scratch. i don't want to dig threw 1000 subfolders to find a player spawn. workbench looks awesome and id love to explore it and maybe one day do some modding. but on the surface, it looks like it would take months to years to master. we don't have that kind of time. MODs are the lifeblood of arma but fresh new missions are the heartbeat. a lot of hardcore Arma communities are just unwilling to put out money for a pretty Arma with no content. I'm sure Modders can make some missions with workbench and I bet they would be pretty good , but mission makers are not Modders for the most part anyway. MOdders need mission makers to use their Mods to give them the incentive to make Mods. Mission makers Need the Mods to give them something to make Missions with and they need a fast streamlined easy to use and understand the way of doing that. Players need mission makers for the content and that content needs to evolve in a timely manner. i know this is not a game it's a demo I get that. but it's also a testbed for the development of ArmA 4. It's going to need Players, Mission Makers, and Modders to take off all three are vital to the success or failure of this novel approach. and mission makers are a missing link. so please get something out that allows for easy mission making.

• Thanks 2

[solved]

Hey guys,

I've a problem using reforger world editor.

If I select any object in world editor I should be able to see and edit its properties on the Object Properties window. I know that this was the case as I used the world editor yesterday. But now I can't see any of those object properties:

TKhmrJL.jpeg

wEiuHMH.jpeg

any help for unhiding those properties would be much appreciated...

Edit: Even if I start from scratch by beginning a new project I cant see those object properties...

Edit: I solved it. The object properties window has 2 columns and the right one was just two small to be viewed. 

• Like 1

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet this is one thing that was said regarding the Eden Editor. 

I am looking forward to seeing what people can make with workbench. Given I've grown up with the original editor from OFP all the way to how it is now for ArmA 3, workbench right now just melts my brain but I'll imagine a lot of amazing things will come with it along with as well with a lot of the other tools.

• Thanks 1

Imo nothing complex about it, just enable it so the GameMaster Zeus wannabe can save what you create, and then set it up so you can access

that "mission" folder like with Arma 3 so you can retrieve the file, add scripts and other code to it, share it like upload the "pbo"

or whatever it is in Enfusion.

I found myself in reforger this morning for 3hrs straight building and playing missions in the gamemaster, as fun as it was and

seeing what you can do, and really enjoying the map cant wait for the other Nostalgic maps!

i was rather disappointed i couldn't save anything, i really dislike the idea of it only being geared towards multiplayer and only live games.

To me the game master should be an extended function of the editor for a multiplayer mission you did build.

I think the game master needs a different design too, i mean to say that i dislike the idea of having to place things real time yet

you block the view of the game to choose assets to be placed, you need to put those things on the side.

• Like 2

I wouldn't know how complex/not complex it is to just make the gamemaster mode save the mission. But at least I can rest assured that they did not outright say no to ingame mission editor and just play in the workbench to make mission.

Of course I would like to have a simple mission editor now. Lack of ingame mission editor is currently stopping from buying reforger. But tutorials are trickling in... if they seems simple enough, I just might take the plunge and buy Reforger 🙂

Yeah im sure they wouldnt just 'not have EDEN' if it was relatively simple to deliver. I trust them at their word that GameMaster is the necessary first step and that an editor will materialize further down the line. But yeah, its tough not having my beloved  editor as thats just about where i spend ALL of my time. Ill be going back to heavily modded arma 3 again until progress is shown in Reforger but again i like what i saw for the many QoL improvments.

Anyone else think its kinda strange Devs now respond only on places like Twitter and not here at all anymore? What are we yesterdays lunch?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, archer336 said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet this is one thing that was said regarding the Eden Editor. 

I am looking forward to seeing what people can make with workbench. Given I've grown up with the original editor from OFP all the way to how it is now for ArmA 3, workbench right now just melts my brain but I'll imagine a lot of amazing things will come with it along with as well with a lot of the other tools.

The response from the BI dev is very concerning, we don't want a dumbed down ingame editor made for consoles. What we need is a Eden like editor included in the Enfusion Workbench tools, an editor made for mission making, developed exclusively for PC, so we don't have the compromises made to accommodate consoles. 

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Imo nothing complex about it, just enable it so the GameMaster Zeus wannabe can save what you create, and then set it up so you can access

that "mission" folder like with Arma 3 so you can retrieve the file, add scripts and other code to it, share it like upload the "pbo"

or whatever it is in Enfusion.

I found myself in reforger this morning for 3hrs straight building and playing missions in the gamemaster, as fun as it was and

seeing what you can do, and really enjoying the map cant wait for the other Nostalgic maps!

i was rather disappointed i couldn't save anything, i really dislike the idea of it only being geared towards multiplayer and only live games.

To me the game master should be an extended function of the editor for a multiplayer mission you did build.

I think the game master needs a different design too, i mean to say that i dislike the idea of having to place things real time yet

you block the view of the game to choose assets to be placed, you need to put those things on the side.

That's an example of just one of the many compromises that are made to accommodate consoles. The GameMaster UI is kind of a mess, sure it's simple, easy to use, and accommodates consoles. but it isn't a very good "tool". It's developed to just plunk down a few units, and waypoints, but isn't very practical for much else.  

I just don't see any possible way that you could have a proper mission editor (like Eden) that is also compatible with consoles. 

It's kind of ashamed that with all the effort made to include great tools for the community in the Enfusion Workbench, mission makers have been completely left out (at least for now).  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Anyone else think its kinda strange Devs now respond only on places like Twitter and not here at all anymore?

THIS!

• Like 2

Implementing ME is a complex task because making it console friendly it's almost impossible, at least if you're looking for something with the 3den quality level.
I'm on the same train as the ones which are afraid for the cross platform thing, it will just not work for a game like the ArmA we're all used to since decades, let's face it.

At least i hope reforger will become more SP friendly and not just a casual indie MP game ala Squad or stuff like that which personally i don't particularly like too much, i mean at least the possibility to be the leader of a group of AI, i mean coming at home late from job, tired and willing to get some relax and fun playing ArmA by putting a squad on the field and lead it to the task and then get to bed and restart your daily hardwork routine.
Also because in the first time i was super duper excited to play the dear old OFP on a new latest tech game engine (and i'm sure i'm not the only one around here), now i feel a little bit frustrated with my finger crossed to see in the (near) future more love for SP on ArmA Reforger and then i can even learn how to use the workshop tools which i find not quite actractive at the moment due to the lack of AI team mates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simon1279 said:

Implementing ME is a complex task because making it console friendly it's almost impossible, at least if you're looking for something with the 3den quality level.
I'm on the same train as the ones which are afraid for the cross platform thing, it will just not work for a game like the ArmA we're all used to since decades, let's face it.

At least i hope reforger will become more SP friendly and not just a casual indie MP game ala Squad or stuff like that which personally i don't particularly like too much, i mean at least the possibility to be the leader of a group of AI, i mean coming at home late from job, tired and willing to get some relax and fun playing ArmA by putting a squad on the field and lead it to the task and then get to bed and restart your daily hardwork routine.
Also because in the first time i was super duper excited to play the dear old OFP on a new latest tech game engine (and i'm sure i'm not the only one around here), now i feel a little bit frustrated with my finger crossed to see in the (near) future more love for SP on ArmA Reforger and then i can even learn how to use the workshop tools which i find not quite actractive at the moment due to the lack of AI team mates.

So you want the mission editor to be more casual than the tools we currently have access to, but not, like, console casual?

4 hours ago, simon1279 said:

If we're comparing Eden editor functions, placement, settings, tools ect,. trying to maneuver things, place objects or what have you with precision that requires a mouse

imo i cant see that happening with a gamepad, so for consoles they would need to "dumb" it down so that its more like a zeus type function.

Gamemaster aspect could work but theres a bit of intricate function there too once you place something, i guess it depends, so if their building a new

editor just so a console player can maneuver, place and set settings is a whole nother level of no pun intended

dumbing down and losing controls that require some dexterity if you will.

I dont see why they cant just build a console and a pc version, i mean one editor for both console and pc is like the communism for editing 😆

Arma 3 is a good template for whats already established and working in the sense, its a good example, but they could look at other game editors and get ideas

to make it more streamlined and user-friendly instead of having to go to college classes for computer programming and code.

What makes Arma 3 editor fun as previous editors is the fact that it dont take much to just place a unit, tank, plane, an object, moving things around

was/is easy, add in some triggers, and wapoints and you have a simple mission, it takes nothing to place a squad and an opposing forces and have something simple.

The solution is actually quite "simple" - BI needs to allow Workbench (or Reforger engine) modding to the extent the community can build an user friendly mission editor akin to 2d editor/Eden.

8 minutes ago, .kju said:

solution is actually quite "simple"

Sounds complex to me, your stating a wouldbe modder is going to recreate the editor from scratch or basically modify the current workbench into a format

that functions like a 2d/3d editor.  What would be simple is to take the gamemaster and enable it to save, no need to recreate whats already established.

If it aint broke dont fix it, the GM already does the job, already has the assets, functions, waypoints, ect,.

imo it needs to be "refined" a little so that there is function there to save what you build, upload to the workshop,

think in terms of how eden works, if a modder can make that function then that can be the start.

I've already built scenarios in gamemaster it works its not hard, once you get the controls down then its a matter

of imagination, it just need to be extended and have more added functionality in areas, and be more efficient in terms of user friendliness.

Watching others use the workbench to create a scenario in videos and try to learn from it is a joke, these people dont know shit, its not what you

know its how you present it to a beginner, complexity of information makes for a dull mind and suppresses creativity.  This is not to say that there isn't and should not

be something to learn, however an efficient tool can only maximize and amplify that creativity and power of an individual if its properly organized

and laid out in such a manner that you can identify and associate things that you already understand.

Editor transparency is using terms, labeling, pictures or icons that engage the user, if you are having fun and enjoy working with

something, then what you are trying to and want to build can only be outstanding.

Forcing you to search and look for things you missed because there is nothing there to tell you, that this or that is required, that you need to

create this folder to do this, and then save this file to do that, then create this setup with code to do that, then establish a world

to do this, and then finally you can do something makes me want to punch a child.

Seriously who thinks of this complex stuff doesn't fully understand how the engine works and how to present it to a laymen.

Its about presentation, layout, structure and organization, subjects need to stand out either with words or pictures or icons that are associative identifiable,

there also needs to be those things that are required to show why they are required, if there is an understanding of why something is done then there is nothing to have to learn

in terms of reading about it, researching it, going to a wiki or to someone about how something functions because they have experience or "education" on how to do something

all that just makes for more complexity which again just dumbs down creativity.

9 hours ago, roshnak said:

So you want the mission editor to be more casual than the tools we currently have access to, but not, like, console casual?

I'm afraid you did not understand the point of my post, not really, current ME it's not the game master but the world editor within the workshop tools, which is complex to use as hell, but not really a casual ME definitely not

I was playing around with Reforger a little when visiting my brother over the weekend. He doesn't like Reforger much and to be honest I don't care to much for it either, however it is pretty though.

But I can see where BI are pushing the game, make things fit younger players, which will probably seem easier to them, as they came through school doing computer studies or whatever. Problem is many of us old players (over 50/60), have a problem with tech like that.

The 2d editor in arma 2 which our group uses and have gotten used to for over 15yrs, isn't as friendly as arma 3's eden, but both are fairly straight forward to use, with basic scripting here and there.

I'm sure given time the new engine and mission editor (should there be one), will seem easier after being used for some time, but lots of us oldies don't want to have to re-learn stuff. I'm glad we stuck with arma 2 it does everything we need without taking time from gaming to much.

It'd be cool if someone could make that Conflict mode with AI squads on either side. I hope they add functionality for commanding squads etc as well. Something like ALIVE would be sweet. 

I like and use Arma 3 editor in 2D mode all the time, and never bother much with 3D editor mode.  I create things dynamically (pretty much exclusively) all the time, so don't need that 3rd dimension, except in scripts of course which I go absolutely vector-crazy with.  Enjoying Reforger so far, but really missing that editor, which imo should have shipped with the game.  As in, seems to me the game should have been held back until at least a 2D editor was ready.  But we are where we are so might as well trudge along and make the most of it.

Here is a half hour tutorial which shows how to build a simple Singleplayer mission:

There is nothing more needed to get started with mission building. Yes, it's not as easy as with Eden but it's not that hard as some people may think here.

Also I saw the first map portet from Arma 3 in workshop. Its Stratis. I didn't view it upto now but for me its impressive to have it some days after launch. This confirms my assumption that we 'll have much more content in a few month.

• Like 5

The Script Modding page on wiki also points out the minimum requirements to spawn a player in the world editor and quick test stuff (scroll all the way down) : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Reforger:Scripting_Modding

At minimum, a new test scenario built in World Editor requires the following prefabs:

GameMode_Deathmatch_Automatic.et - this prefab contains Deathmatch game mode configuration

FactionManager_FFA.et - prefab defining which factions are participating in the game. FFA means represents Free For All, meaning there is only one faction

SpawnPoint_FFA.et - spawn point with FFA specific configuration

LoadoutManager_FFA.et - respawn loadout manager - the FFA variants contains all available loadouts for both USSR & US characters

All those prefabs can be placed in World Editor's viewport by drag and dropping them from the Resource Browser.

EDIT : for any GameMode other than Deathmatch/FFA, watch the video posted by @sarogahtyp

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kingbuzzo15 said:

It'd be cool if someone could make that Conflict mode with AI squads on either side. I hope they add functionality for commanding squads etc as well. Something like ALIVE would be sweet. 

Alive in reforged would absolutely be the bomb.

edit - not sure if its been shared yet, if anyone is looking for one, heres a pretty easy to follow tutorial on modding reforger that I found that  made understanding the modules etc a buit easier. https://github.com/Herbiie/ArmAReforgerMissionMakingGuide/wiki/

• Like 5