So i am really missing an ingame mission editor, like eden was. The workbench, by all means, is way too complex just for mission creating. "Game Master" would be a start, but it's not possible to have multiple save games. If it WOULD have multiple save games, you could at least use it like a sort of editor, which would be a start or a quick fix.

Without a mission editor, it's not arma for me and probably for a lot of other people. this was the pinnacle of sandbox and the reason why i spent so much hours in arma 1, arma 2 and arma 3.

Please bohemia, add a a mission editor or make it at least possible to have multiple saves in the "Game Master" mode.

• Like 7

This is also what i hope but i'm not sure that's gonna happen. Arma Reforger is not Arma 4 and Bohemia already said they are currently working on Arma 4. Bohemia is not Blizzard they don't have this many employees.

There is a full mission editor: an extremely powerful one. It's called Workbench. In Steam, select "Tools" in your Library instead of "Games" and you'll see the ArmA Reforger Workbench. Install it. It's very impressive, but if you don't have game development experience you're likely to be confused. I was able to figure out how to create an entity and run a script fairly easily, but it's packed with undocumented features we've only just begun exploring. We're hoping documentation will be released soon.

The thing I'm having trouble with is finding out exactly where the engine saves my script files and content in a basic add-on I'm making for educational purposes. I can't seem to find the files anywhere in Windows Explorer. It's not in the ArmA Reforger folder in Documents, and also not in the Enfusion folder in AppData ... the script I've created, as well as all the others, are curiously nowhere to be found ... they work, of course, but it seems to be a complete mystery where they live and that's kind of upsetting 😕

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, atcarter said:

There is a full mission editor: an extremely powerful one. It's called Workbench.

😂that is not a mission editor, it is to edit/create mods, it is not to make missions

2 hours ago, dalber24 said:

😂that is not a mission editor, it is to edit/create mods, it is not to make missions

no, it most definitely is a mission editor, i asked on the discord and the modding tools and editing tools are all in workbench

36 minutes ago, Frazzleman10 said:

no, it most definitely is a mission editor, i asked on the discord and the modding tools and editing tools are all in workbench

yeah i also heard this is our new mission editor, but come on, they can's give us an engine dev tool as a mission editor lol

i hope somebody can mod "game master" so it can have multiple save games.

• Like 1

me too! We need an easy-to-use editor similar to ARMA3.

I dont understand Game Master as i never messed with Zeus. I like things baked in -not materialized instantaneously as how can you possibly recon an area that will soon have fresh new teleported-in enemies?

Anyways my question is -can you take the role of a soldier in Game Master? SO far i have no clue how to just be a soldier and move around where i wanna go...ya know, like basic S*

11 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

I dont understand Game Master as i never messed with Zeus. I like things baked in -not materialized instantaneously as how can you possibly recon an area that will soon have fresh new teleported-in enemies?

Anyways my question is -can you take the role of a soldier in Game Master? SO far i have no clue how to just be a soldier and move around where i wanna go...ya know, like basic S*

yes, if i remember correclty, when  you place down the player object (by right clikcing on the ground where you want player to be)  then it says hold y to play. Not ideal but doable right now.

Ahh thanks -found another way to as well - if you click or right click on unit you get a PLAY option. Doesnt seem like you can lead or command your squaddies yet. Also dont see a way into using IronSights yet

When do you guys believe we can expect Arma 4 to be released?

13 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

2025?

• Like 1

Arma4 release date ? It will depend on the energy, time and patience you are going to put in Arma Reforger debugging. As there is a lot to do, not so ... soon ™.

I also miss the classic Eden, it was the pinnacle and best feature of all Arma games. I've never used Zeus and the gamemaster looks too poor for options. And Workbench, on the other hand, seems too complicated for non-game developers.

• Like 3

I'm also quite confused. I'm now trying to extract information on how to set up scenarios from this guide. It's indeed complicated for someone with no dev experience.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Reforger:Capture_%26_Hold_Setup

I have very good feeling about the workbench editor and how it works.
I was discovering it's abilities for a few minutes and found out how AI soldiers can be added from resources and prefabs.
Then I have simply run the game directly in the editor by using F5.
USSR AI killed the US soldiers instantly.
Now it will be time to find out how to control them, i.e. place waypoints, make them enter vehicles, etc.

Good job Bohemia Interactive, the Reforger was a good investment and I look forward to it's evolvement.

• Like 1

on my end the Reforger Tools are crashing to desktop instantly after double clicking on CAH_BaseWorld.ent 😞

Eden was less powerfull than this full editor thing we get here, sure, but it was so much easier to get into and create cool missions and scenarios. Classic Eden or at least multiple savegames for Game Master would be very cool.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Hazardrar said:

Eden was less powerfull than this full editor thing we get here, sure, but it was so much easier to get into and create cool missions and scenarios. Classic Eden or at least multiple savegames for Game Master would be very cool.

we should alltogether report our feedback to the devs so they are aware how important the mission editor really is. this should imo be the first thing they should add in one of the next updates. i mean how hard can it be to make it use multiple save files for the game master at least. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xbladecz said:

I was discovering it's abilities for a few minutes and found out how AI soldiers can be added from resources and prefabs.
Now it will be time to find out how to control them, i.e. place waypoints, make them enter vehicles, etc.

Good job Bohemia Interactive, the Reforger was a good investment and I look forward to it's evolvement.

yeah i mean i am a software dev myself, but i am honestly not in the mood to mess with another IDE after 8 hours of work. i want a simple editor, like EDEN was. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nikiforos said:

A very well known leaker on Twitter (who was right about everything he's leaked so far) says Arma 4 is expected in 2024-2025.

40 minutes ago, dave_pilot said:

we should alltogether report our feedback to the devs so they are aware how important the mission editor really is. this should imo be the first thing they should add in one of the next updates. i mean how hard can it be to make it use multiple save files for the game master at least. 

I would love to have an Eden like editor, but wouldn't expect one until Arma 4, and maybe not at launch, but as some point later. 

I'm sure someone out there will do tutorial videos for the workbench tools at some point, so I'll just wait.

Can some kind dev named Maruk or Ivan scrap up us a simple repro on how to build "Steal the Car" with the Workbench? Its all i need to get going but as it is now its purely convoluted

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Can some kind dev named Maruk or Ivan scrap up us a simple repro on how to build "Steal the Car" with the Workbench? Its all i need to get going but as it is now its purely convoluted

i'd do one, but i am also still learning lol i'd be happy if i got AI to patroul an area for now

4 hours ago, xbladecz said:

Care to share your findings here? That would be great. Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, [CORP] Sacha said:

Care to share your findings here? That would be great. Thanks.

+1