Wiki

New informations or announcement soon?

Are we going to get a BI forums section for Reforger? Wouldn't mind discussing the game away from the chaos of discord.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, the_demongod said:

Are we going to get a BI forums section for Reforger? Wouldn't mind discussing the game away from the chaos of discord.

Forums, feedback tracker, and wiki. But none are active yet.

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/dev-hub

*edit* - Oh, you asked if there will be a section here. Looks like not, but there are many unknowns still.

just two topics
KNIFES?
TERRAIN EDITOR?

25 minutes ago, zukov said:

just two topics
KNIFES?
TERRAIN EDITOR?

There is melee, currently just butt strikes, but the framework is there.

World Editor, but I think full functionality is not yet "unlocked."

From what I see, Workbench is an IDE, like Unreal's Visual Studio. At full functionality, you should be able to create your own games with it.

Regarding melee/but strikes, I’m certain I threw a punch when unarmed last night.

Hi - has anyone found a way to remap mouse button 4 or 5 to work?  I always use sights with my thumb button and so far cant remap? Cheers

14 hours ago, Harzach said:

*edit* - Oh, you asked if there will be a section here. Looks like not, but there are many unknowns still.

Sites like this often just link to a relevant section on the official forums. There's little point in maintaining multiple forum sites, so a Reforger board will likely appear sooner or later.

7 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Sites like this often just link to a relevant section on the official forums. There's little point in maintaining multiple forum sites, so a Reforger board will likely appear sooner or later.

Reforger has a separate web portal - https://reforger.armaplatform.com/ - which had a link to its own forums yesterday. The link is gone today, so either they scrapped it and are planning on opening a new section here, or took it down for some other reason.

• Thanks 1

According to Nillers on Discord, these boards will see a dedicated forum section later tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Reforger has a separate web portal - https://reforger.armaplatform.com/ - which had a link to its own forums yesterday. The link is gone today, so either they scrapped it and are planning on opening a new section here, or took it down for some other reason.

I know it has a separate web portal, but for a forum, you need more than that. Software, moderation team, admins and all that. Makes no sense to duplicate it just because you've got a new engine. Adding a new board on an existing forum is much less overhead.

It seems like it was confirmed on Discord that there'll be a new board here. The previous link was just a placeholder.

Will there be a discount for reforger owners for arma 4 when it is released?

34 minutes ago, cenkcnk said:

Will there be a discount for reforger owners for arma 4 when it is released?

I don't think so

These are 2 different games

Yet to personally experience gameplay that has the visual fidelity of the showcase trailer, would love to know what system that gameplay was run on. 

• Like 1

Anyone who enjoys using air assets might be disappointed with the in house cloud rendering system, definitely sub-par compared to Simul truSky technology that A3 uses.

However the cloud shadow that the new cloud system produce on the terrain are quite beautiful.

my first critic

the left arm that hold the rifle has atrocious stance animation

Nillers confirmed on discord that a Reforger section of the forums is indeed coming eventually; they had some technical issues setting it up. Our patience will be rewarded.

• Like 2

Hi BI bods. where can we post early constructive feedback or add to issue logs for you on Reforger? 

again Global Mobilization is perfect for Arma Reforger (even all Cold war CDLC) 

Anyone here know whats happening with the Reforger Sub-Topic was supposed to be here? How hard can that be them knowing exactly when they were going to release Reforger.. Problem is Im all Boomer'ed out of Discord -whenever i accept an invite it says I cant post because I have to "Claim This Account" -which leads me in a never ending maze of circular logic and failed Sign-ups.

*kicks dog, slams remote, raises fist to clouds*

Also from what I have seen of Discords doesnt seem like information is as well compartmentalized as a forums but more like an endless stream of consciousness

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Anyone here know whats happening with the Reforger Sub-Topic was supposed to be here?

Three posts above yours.

• Like 1

So far, unimpressed.  Arma 2 looked better.

Someone said we should use Unreal Engine 5 for Arma 4.  I agree with that.  But I think an even BETTER engine would be the DCS: World engine.

They already have a HUGE World (soon to be the WHOLE World) AND the best Combat flight simulation money can buy.  All we need is vehicle modules and FPS.

Their graphics are at least as good as Arma 2, nearing Arma 3, and Unreal level when in the aircraft themselves.

This is the Engine we should look to for a future expansion of Arma.

I don't think BIS is interested in making another Arma.  They're going for cheap and easy console crap now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Logan6 said:

Arma 2 looked better.

Patently absurd.

an even BETTER engine would be the DCS: World engine.

Where to start? The terrain resolution in EDGE is orders of magnitude worse than RV, not to mention Enfusion. ED devs have stated many times that it's not suited for detailed ground/infantry ops and that any sort of Arma-style gameplay will never happen. Play some Combined Arms - the lack of detail at ground level would be shocking if it were necessary, but it isn't. So now imagine all of the Caucasus terrain brought up to the level of detail of Livonia -terrain mesh, foliage, structures, etc. - and enjoy the one frame you'll manage to render.

Have you ever created a mission in DCS? The mission editor stinks on ice, and scripting? Sure, there's a scripting engine, but it's AI focused. And compared to what can be done in sqf (and assumedly the new language in enfusion) it's a shallow pool at best. And I say this as one who has built their entire system around DCS.

I can only imagine that you are trolling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’m just gonna oxymoron and say it’s both console-ized and beautiful at the same time. Yeah I know …go figure