Wiki

New informations or announcement soon?

Does anyone knows what is the steam id for the arma reforger server?

from the livestream FPS, animations and graphics are pretty good

21 minutes ago, EO said:

@petek you need to install Arma Reforger Tools, they will be greyed out in your library just under Arma Reforger.

@jeza not tried to do that....yet. 

Thanks mate but not showing up in my steam library under Reforger... any ideas?

Cheers

Does ArmA Reforger have a mission editor at least on par with ArmA 3? Same basic GUI and abilities, like placement of structures, vehicles, editing of loadouts, placement of weapons on the ground, etc.? I have zero interest in online zombie mods and only played ArmA 1/2/3 as a simulator or tactical shooter wannabe.

I have many issues with ArmA 1/2/3, and does Reforger do anything to address them as is?

- Proper weapon animations
- A sensible AI command issuing interface
- More realistic movement, less likely to get snagged on things, etc.
- Better vehicle handling and reactions to damage
- Vehicles that can follow way points reasonably accurately
- Vehicles that can follow a way point across a bridge? Because in Arma 3, they just drive around it and into the water
- More dynamic weapon loadouts like being able to carry both a precision rifle and a carbine just like real snipers
- Ability to command AI to clear buildings
- More dynamic commands like tossing a grenade over a fence, direct positioning, etc.
- NPCs that don't walk through buildings
- Better weapon recoil system, because ArmA 3 is very dated and unrealistic

Seems like this dropped without any real info, is Early Access, and a "miniature" version of ArmA 4 which has me skeptical. If it is a step back from ArmA 3 in terms of features and abilities without fixing some or all of the issues above I'm not sure what it brings to the table.

21 minutes ago, petek said:

Thanks mate but not showing up in my steam library under Reforger... any ideas?

Cheers

To find it in Steam, you need to make sure your filters aren't hiding it. It's in the "Tools" category:

4ern7qW.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harzach said:

To find it in Steam, you need to make sure your filters aren't hiding it. It's in the "Tools" category:

4ern7qW.png

Cheers mate - you're a star!

Initial reactions:

• The forum needs a Reforger section!
  • The twitch stream was great, the 1980s style was a great touch.
  • Marek needs his beard trimming 😛

• I love the sluggish vehicle engine startup - feels very familiar! 😛
  • It's great the vehicles have more weight to them.
  • Oh my god, the building interiors!!!
  • Graphics look great, but I now need to update my computer....
  • Great to hear Arma4 is confirmed and being worked on. Is the water an indication of something slightly maritime related?

• The walking animations are a bit stiff/gamey, the character doesn't looked weighed down enough. I already miss the different stanches from Arma 3.
  • The FoV seems a bit harsh - but that might just be me.
  • The holding compass animation was off to my left with the compass held up to begin with, then moved to in front of me.
  • Where's my camo cream??? 😛

• Like 2

Hiya

Now I have the editor can anyone simply tell me how to open the Everon map and start messing around please? Been a while since I've done anything in 3Den and am very rusty! thanks for any help guys

It's only the Game Master. There's no 2D/3D editor so you're pretty much stuck to using Reforger's Zeus equivalent.

I guess a proper editor might be coming in the future (hopefully)?

So it is not arma4 then, it is like a small demo of it.

Is there a domination mod or can be in the future?

Ive heard that despite some sort of editor -that you cannot lead AI squads or anything like that -is this true? Why does it say SinglePlayer on Steam page? Playing a tutorial dont equate with Singleplayer. Please tell me your not doing this Bohemia..

Just now, drebin052 said:

Game Master. There's no 2D/3D editor so you're pretty much stuck to using Reforger's Zeus equivalent.

Ouch, that's a heartbreaker. Most of my 5,000 hours of Arma 3 was working in the mission editor.

4 minutes ago, aviatormoser said:

Ouch, that's a heartbreaker. Most of my 5,000 hours of Arma 3 was working in the mission editor.

Can someone confirm if true and make a video of what Reforger offers? No 3D mission editor is a no buy for me. How am I supposed to test things out without a proper editor?  Early Access MP only game is also a no buy for me, game will be dead in 3 weeks like 98% of all early access MP only games.

5 minutes ago, Flogger23m said:

Can someone confirm if true and make a video of what Reforger offers? No 3D mission editor is a no buy for me. How am I supposed to test things out without a proper editor?  Early Access MP only game is also a no buy for me, game will be dead in 3 weeks like 98% of all early access MP only games.

No time for a video but I can post a few screenies to give you an idea of what it looks like:

Spoiler

SV5osN6.png

jBIw3od.jpg

RvYIWFT.png

byatxFy.png

zuyvQRS.png

This is the main menu by the way (note the lack of an EDITOR tab):

YHCrZFy.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

No time for a video but I can post a few screenies to give you an idea of what it looks like:

Hide contents

SV5osN6.png

jBIw3od.jpg

RvYIWFT.png

byatxFy.png

zuyvQRS.png

This is the main menu by the way (note the lack of an EDITOR tab):

YHCrZFy.png

Thanks. Looks very basic but at least you can sort of test out units. They need to add some more here, even if it isn't as detailed as ArmA 3. If the mission editor can offer at least the ability to make basic missions/scenarios for 100% offline play I'd buy it. It might not be a full game, but $30 is a fair price. Again, assuming they can add more and allow an offline mission editor.

No editor no buy for me and as much I would love to support the road to Arma 4 the price for this demo is way to much.

Paying for a  tech demo where you have to create all the content and do all the bug testing for them.

• Like 1

So mission editor or no? I remember a time in which a developer or at least community liaison would come in here and explain primary concerns to us. Gone are those days 

Initial impression of what's currently on offer.

The environment/weather settings are definitely feature poor, volumetric fog and Simul truSKY technology have sadly been removed by the looks of it, the cloud system/rendering looks very basic and flat.   

That being said when the sun goes down it looks stunning at night, dynamic lighting is beautiful in the wee small hours.

2 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

So mission editor or no?

No 2D mission editor of the past. No Arma 3 style 3D Eden Editor.

Dymyi57.png

ayil357.jpg

All you have is the Game Master (Reforger's Zeus), which is considered a game mode and not an editor. No method of pausing so everything you do is in real time (placing objects, setting waypoints, assigning scenario factions, etc.).

The Enfusion Workbench, launched through Arma Reforger Tools, should be looked upon as the new Editor, it just looks a little complicated and not user friendly at the moment.

At the moment though, It feels like the casual single-player will have to rely on the Workshop for entertainment.

2 minutes ago, EO said:

The Enfusion Workbench, launched through Arma Reforger Tools, should be looked upon as the new Editor, it just looks a little complicated and not user friendly at the moment.

At the moment though, It feels like the casual single-player will have to rely on the Workshop for entertainment.

Have you figured out if possible to lead an AI SQUAD in the workbench editor?