Wiki

New informations or announcement soon?

I've been with this game from the start.... please God don't lose track of what makes it unique..... quality sandbox editor and a decent modable AI etc.... I have always been exclusively single player and no AI etc.... would make me finally have to walk away..... I really hope it doesn't come to that.... Cheers guys... fingers crossed....

• Like 1

What the leaked "Marketing and Brand guide" document reveals is the nature of the Arma Reforger game that will be released.

It's a game akin to Project Argo in design, limited and multi-player oriented with strengths and a support perspective that Argo didn't have.

It's a possible gameplay sample of a future Arma, a possibility to test how Enfusion works and maybe make it evolve.

The cross-platform aspect is essential, it must be remembered that Operation Flashpoint: Elite, the game on XBox has served as the basis for all the modding tools used by the community for 20 years!

What does the "Situation" section say...

Arma Reforger will have a very strong multiplayer

focus, but promises a degree of longevity with

its Game Master scenario editor and dedicated

modding support (including its own workshop).

* Contrary to prior instalments in the franchise,

future Arma releases will be multi-platform

titles. Arma Reforger is expected to launch

on PC, Xbox (One/Series X), and PlayStation

(4/5 in the future)

* Arma Reforger will be a premium product

with stable and appropriate pricing

* There should be some basic in-game

monetization in the future, but no DLCs or

microtransactions are currently planned

Arma Reforger delivers a polished sample of Arma 4 gameplay built upon

our brand new Enfusion technology and serves as a “community foundation”

release for Enfusion-powered Arma.

The game provides tactical depth and yet remains accessible to a broad

audience, including console users. It also supports user modification for

custom scenarios.

Set in an alternate 1989, players will develop a persistent military career and

join either US or Soviet forces in a fierce battle for the strategic island of

Everon.

... Nothing more, nothing less. This document is not supposed to give precise technical indications on the game.

We only have 2 days left to wait ... and even a little less now 😎

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Harzach said:

At this point during A3's development, we all thought there were going to be railguns and lasers and aliens.

Well, we got aliens with Contact DLC. 🙂 TBH, it's a bummer the railgun/coilgun tank got nixed, at the time the game was made that seemed like a possibility by 2030s. 

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

Set in an alternate 1989, players will develop a persistent military career and

join either US or Soviet forces in a fierce battle for the strategic island of

Everon.

It's a pity it seems MP-focused, but I'm really interested in the fact that they plan to take the series back in time setting-wise. There's been a tendency to go futuristic in ArmA3, and all it resulted in is a hilariously inaccurate vision of of what is, essentially, today's battlefield. Admittedly, some of their predictions were correct (VR took off beautifully in the sim community and in professional environments), but they didn't predict a lot of other things that we're seeing today. Believe it or not, I was thinking about posting a suggestion, with a detailed rationale, of why ArmA should stop chasing the moving target of latest, greatest sales presentations, and instead focus on the past, on OFP days in which all you had were iron sights (attached to a gun most of the time, at least on the Western side 🙂), a tactical harness and a flashlight. Officers got a paper map and binoculars on top of that. I'm glad BI arrived at the same conclusion independently. It's much easier to simulate older hardware, not only is it, for most part, unclassified, it's simpler to operate, yet harder to master, and it allows a symmetrical, "Cold War gone hot" type of war that both sides had been heavily planning for, as opposed to modern era, in which this type of warfare is basically made obsolete by the combination of economic ties and nuclear weapons (any US-China conflict big enough to stop the flow of goods would cripple both economically, regardless of nukes). Plus, there's no need to make stuff up, since most of those classics are out of copyright by now. 🙂 So no need for silly fake names.

Oh, well, we'll see tomorrow, I hope there's more information than in the leak. However, a Cold War era ArmA4 makes sense, especially considering the popularity of both mods and the fact Creator DLCs were almost exclusively set in Cold War. My biggest hope is that they'll support VR in the future, since it's just so much more immersive, and a new engine has a chance of incorporating it if not from the start, then at least from early days.

18 hours ago, boss00521 said:

In the guide its said that the gameplay is infantry focused so that means no air assets in arma 4?

Probably just to start, but since i think we are all starting to understand the basis or purpose of Reforger to being a test bed to

the development of Arma 4, i can only assume that as its further developed they will add more in.

Since it will be moddable however that will work, i can only guess someone will try to build new assets or figure out how to "port"

assets from Arma 3 into it, knowing this community i can only fathom the creative abilities of this great community at work, i can already

sense someone rubbing their hands together with a devious grin apt to build something already 😄

As for an editor ..... please let it be like Eden but more streamline, more efficient, more fun, and of course allow us to do the best thing

that is Arma - build MISSIONS!

It might be called Arma Reforger which btw the Reforger "name" being used is actually historically accurate term used during the cold war

era take a look at this "Historical Reforger" https://sgp.fas.org/crs/natsec/IF11407.pdf 

So the game does have some accurate historical references in it just like OFP did.

Regardless without an editor imo it aint Arma!

• Like 2

Hi all, just want to point out that Everon's real life analog is the island of Krk in the Adriatic:

kTfuUW3.pngaoEluOF.png

• Like 5

If they bring back the original voice of Papa Bear with the High Pass Filter'ed radio voice -all will be forgiven

• Like 1

But Arma reforger and Arma4 are different things right?

I cant imagine an Arma without AI...No editor? laughable thought. While  dont hold my breath for any ground breaking AI improvements,im sure there will be AI.

And if this "reforger" is MP only and directed for console,should we care? Wont Arma4 be the next real installment? or am i missing something?

@redarmy As a matter of principle, I don't like to refer to a leaked document, but this one looks authentic and what does it say?

The Arma community is eagerly anticipating the
announcement of Arma 4 and is aware that it will
be made using Bohemia’s new Enfusion engine.
This will be the first time that an Arma game is
built on entirely new technology.
Due to the challenges in switching to our new
Enfusion technology, as well as internal/external
goals for the product, Bohemia will not be able to
deliver the full scope of Arma 4, with all its planned
assets and mechanics, immediately on release.

Therefore, the plan is to release a more focused title first,
a showcase for Arma 4 and a platform for community feedback.
This is Arma Reforger.

So, it's simple, either you wait for something to happen and it will be done when it's done, soon™, or you take part in a collective project.

The project is to test Enfusion in-game and share feedback on the mechanics of an Enfusion-powered game while learning the new modding tools.

It's up to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this is interesting news. I hope there will be co-op vs Ai missions. I dont care at all for any kind of pvp, and imo co-op and sp is what arma3 great.

Edited by twisted
comma

@twisted What I understand is that Arma Reforger offers a different experience and probably a break from personal gaming experiences.

We'll know the details today, and we can probably experiment very soon.

At the same time, nothing will prevent you from continuing to play Arma3 the way you like.

@redarmy As a matter of principle, I don't like to refer to a leaked document, but this one looks authentic and what does it say?

So, it's simple, either you wait for something to happen and it will be done when it's done™, or you take part in a collective project.

The project is to test Enfusion in-game and share feedback on the mechanics of an Enfusion-powered game while learning the new modding tools.

It's up to you.

Yeah i hear ya,and i agree,im against "testing" . i feel BIS should have enough experience to hammer home a proper Arma4 title,and hope they will. But should reforger imapct 4 in any way? I have absolutely no interest in MP or console and hope that BIS arent going down the road DICE did with Battlefield,i would be really pissed and loose all respect for them,and wouldnt touch Arma4 if it was a by product of anything mentioned above thats "not" soley catering to the traditional values of the series.

I still have faith in BIS and dont wana jump the gun though.

Regardless,im not the type of person hanging off edge of my seat for  4, 3 has another ten plus years for me,too much stuff i can make and tonnes of mods. A solid game now and forever

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

I have absolutely no interest in MP or console and hope that BIS arent going down the road DICE did with Battlefield

Exactly. Look how that turned out with BF4...Already talks of it going free-to-play because of how poorly received it was, not to mention the bugs and connectivity issues.

I'd hate to see such a fate befall a franchise that has had me hooked for over two decades... 

• Like 1

The trailer is nice,  the new lighting are really beautiful.

• Like 1

On STeam -insta bought. Looks beautiful and it said SinglePlayer -WOOT!!

• Like 1

Just now, papanowel said:

The trailer is nice,  the new lighting are really beautiful.

even the effects and animations

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zukov said:

even the effects and animations

Now lets try it for real 😎

SinglePlayers Id hold up before buying - it seems like its  another version of ZEUS but i dont see an Editor in which you can create and save missions and then play it in a linear fashion. Obviously i could be wrong but thats my first perception

• Like 1

I thought that optimisation was the most important feature with new engine but I hear nothing about it 😞

We've searched for the dedicated exe on steam but we could not find it. 😞

29 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

SinglePlayers Id hold up before buying - it seems like its  another version of ZEUS but i dont see an Editor in which you can create and save missions and then play it in a linear fashion. Obviously i could be wrong but thats my first perception

The Editor can be found within the Enfusion Workbench, launch via Arma Reforger Tools.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EO said:

The Editor can be found within the Enfusion Workbench, launch via Arma Reforger Tools.

Are you able to login to the members area? Says wrong pw for me, I assumed it was linked to our bis accounts?

16 minutes ago, EO said:

Hi - I'm probably being dense in all this excitement.... where exactly is this? Cheers

@petek you need to install Arma Reforger Tools, they will be greyed out in your library just under Arma Reforger.

@jeza not tried to do that....yet. 

• Like 1