Wiki

New informations or announcement soon?

Announcement for Arm4 I hope

I hope it won't be a longshot...

• Like 2

From my point of view, Arma 4 is not on the agenda, as has been said previously.

On the other hand, the timing would be consistent to announce the public release of Enfusion Demo.

I have still in mind an interview of Pavel Šafář, Project Lead,  on 80.lv site : The Development Process Behind Bohemia Interactive's Enfusion Engine, a passage particularly caught my attention as an OFP veteran and still an armavangelist.

Pavel Šafář : Our current plan is to release a game demo that will demonstrate the engine’s capabilities. I also assume that we’ll be supporting it throughout the year. I don’t mean just fixing any issues people will find. We expect people will start playing with our engine and editor, which will surely result in many things we’ll need to deal with, including issues, questions, and new features to document.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Oldbear, I think the announcement will be the Enfusion Demo (I think Arma 4 is still years away).

i think that we'll have only a demo (arma reforger) and  Bi sell the engine like Unreal  business

For me, what is envisaged is not just a mere demo, but a working Demo, a Beta sandbox, to involve the community in the development of the future of the game. 😎

• Like 3

Already in my bomb bunker preparing for those fateful words “MP-Based”…meaning no AI

• Like 1

I think it will something along the old Argo game (the one with the Malden Island)

Just an small demo of terrain a engine capabilities to serve as a demo and bug hunting tool

I think it will be about the future of ARMA. And funny thing about the future, you can't predict it.

7 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Already in my bomb bunker preparing for those fateful words “MP-Based”…meaning no AI

In my bomb bunker too anticipating exact same words.

9 hours ago, oldbear said:

For me, what is envisaged is not just a mere demo, but a working Demo, a Beta sandbox, to involve the community in the development of the future of the game. 😎

Yes, that's what I assume it will be, Arma Reforger. I expect Arma Reforger to be around for the next few years (2-4 years) to finish the development of the Enfusion engine, and pave the way for Arma 4. 

8 hours ago, froggyluv said:

It's looking like that may be the case, new leaks suggest that Arma Reforger will have a "strong multiplayer focus".  The "leaked" document says that there will be, 3 factions, 6 vehicles (with 18 variants), 15 weapons, 2 types of grenades, and 13 dedicated combat roles, and you will play a "persistent military career" (probably in multiplayer). The document also states what we all feared was coming, the game will be watered down to be on consoles.  

There seems to be an alleged leak of a document from BI.

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

strong multiplayer focus

with my point of view is a dream that come true! the "six vehicles" for each faction or in total?

Can't wait to try Arma Reforger. I do hope the engine is going to be at 2022 standard level.

I see it like the Arma 3 Alpha, one Island, a few units and vehicles.

As long as we have an editor to play with and create mission. I'm in.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, papanowel said:

Can't wait to try Arma Reforger. I do hope the engine is going to be at 2022 standard level.

I see it like the Arma 3 Alpha, one Island, a few units and vehicles.

As long as we have an editor to play with and create mission. I'm in.

Especially if they release the modding tools as well so we can all (re)learn how to make addons/mods etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stburr91 said:

It's looking like that may be the case, new leaks suggest that Arma Reforger will have a "strong multiplayer focus".  The "leaked" document says that there will be, 3 factions, 6 vehicles (with 18 variants), 15 weapons, 2 types of grenades, and 13 dedicated combat roles, and you will play a "persistent military career" (probably in multiplayer). The document also states what we all feared was coming, the game will be watered down to be on consoles.  

There seems to be an alleged leak of a document from BI.

So a consoled PvP shooter? Boy the world just doesnt have enough of those...What was Vigor anyway or Argo or Arma 3 PvP servers...? That'd be the end of the road and goodnight for the longterm OFP fan

• Like 4

I know BIS have their own engine (now Enfusion), but wouldn't it be possible to have Arm4 made with Unreal 5?

If not, why?

I don't know much about engines and asset making

"We built our own engine to make sure we could develop our games exactly the way we want to. For example, we want to work with technology that allows us to create incredibly authentic open world terrains and nothing available at the moment satisfies our needs.

Another reason is because most of our current games share a very distinct platform approach compared to a more standard "closed product" approach. In other words, we want to give our players and creators an open platform that offers them the same set of powerful tools that our developers use."

Taken from the enfusion engine website

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

So a consoled PvP shooter? Boy the world just doesnt have enough of those...What was Vigor anyway or Argo or Arma 3 PvP servers...? That'd be the end of the road and goodnight for the longterm OFP fan

According to the leak, cooperative gameplay wil be present.

If not, I won't be interested at all. 

It also says that modding support will be there, it will be like other Arma games, just small at first. It's not going to be arma 4, so yes maybe at the start no AI but it will come, they want to support it while developing arma 4 so I'd almost just treat this 'demo' as a early access testing ground for arma 4 and it's features

13 minutes ago, superfish128 said:

It also says that modding support will be there, it will be like other Arma games, just small at first. It's not going to be arma 4, so yes maybe at the start no AI but it will come, they want to support it while developing arma 4 so I'd almost just treat this 'demo' as a early access testing ground for arma 4 and it's features

If theres one thing ive learned in my 40+ years of PC gaming is that "AI will come..." -never, ever happens. The reason? AI needs to be built right in there at ground level -the object designers, the level designers etc.. all need to be working in cohesion with the AI dept so that they can thrive and interact synergistically. Did we learn nothing from the the stagnate AI that hasnt been given a featured improvement since Arma 2's "crawling under fences"? And Map after Map that was built without AI intent whatsoever leaving all kinds of "dead zones" with nothing less than a Dev shrug?

Be wary, no outright run when you hear "Oh we havent addressed that yet, its pre-alpha > its only Beta, We'll get there> its functioning tho, we hope to improve post-release> we're too far into post release, its all feature locked, wait for the next installment" -cycle of death

• Like 2

The leak actually talks about cooperative gameplay as well as PVP so doesn't mean there won't be AI. I'd be shocked to see it not have AI, but the possibility is always there, we don't know how old that leak is either, so I'm sure things have changed as well. Plus whose to say this wasn't just made up? Arma Reforger was leaked before

"Arma Reforger delivers a polished sample of Arma 4 gameplay built upon our brand new Enfusion technology and serves as a “community foundation” release for Enfusion-powered Arma. The game provides tactical depth and yet remains accessible to a broad audience, including console users. It also supports user modification for custom scenarios. Set in an alternate 1989, players will develop a persistent military career and join either US or Soviet forces in a fierce battle for the strategic island of Everon." <- not sure how you deliver that with out AI either. Especially when talking about scenarios. People don't normally build a scenario (mission) that doesn't have AI. I think everyone is jumping to conclusions that we can't get to yet. The 17th is what we still have to wait for

32 minutes ago, superfish128 said:

The leak actually talks about cooperative gameplay as well as PVP so doesn't mean there won't be AI. I'd be shocked to see it not have AI, but the possibility is always there[...]

Whats the jankiest, and many would consider the weakest part of the ArmA series?

The AI.

What is a sure-fire way to eliminate that weakness? 

Don't have any AI...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jackal326 said:

Whats the jankiest, and many would consider the weakest part of the ArmA series?

The AI.

What is a sure-fire way to eliminate that weakness? 

Don't have any AI...

Sure, doesn't change the fact that most MP in the Arma series uses AI in a coop way which in that leak say that coop will be included. Everything is changed so how do you test if AI is better? By releasing it in the test demo.

This all being said I could see AI not being in the initial release of the demo, but Arma 4 will have AI and I imagine we will test it in the demo at some point 

Just as a sidenote to the conversation, it's great to see activity on these otherwise quiet forums 😏

• Like 4

Just now, Rich_R said:

Just as a sidenote to the conversation, it's great to see activity on these otherwise quiet forums 😏

Yeah I agree, I didn't realize how quiet it was around here. So it's nice to see!

• Like 2