Sign in to follow this  
seba1976

MX vs suppressor mods

Hi, what would I have to do, to make suppressors from addons, be compatible with the MX rifle? Is the caliber difference a factor for them not being compatible, or it could be forced? I don't care about realism in this, only aesthetics.

As far as I could gather from searching, I should make the MX use CBA_JR system, but I remember years ago, using suppressors from mods, on the MX without having to do anything.

14 hours ago, seba1976 said:

Hi, what would I have to do, to make suppressors from addons, be compatible with the MX rifle? Is the caliber difference a factor for them not being compatible, or it could be forced? I don't care about realism in this, only aesthetics.

As far as I could gather from searching, I should make the MX use CBA_JR system, but I remember years ago, using suppressors from mods, on the MX without having to do anything.

Technically, the suppressor mod would require to be configured to be compatible with the MX when using CBA (or rather the correct muzzle attachment group relevant to the MX which I think would be the 6.8mm calibre group), not the other way around. Alternatively a compatibility mod could be made to add CBA_JR functionality to older suppressors/optic addons.

2 hours ago, gaverio said:

Don't think this is gonna work now but I remember using it at some point

MX Rifle Suppressor Compatibility

Thanks, unfortunately the link is down. It's an old topic.

I continued to look into this, and apparently, at some point Joint Rails stopped adding his own muzzle to the MX rifles. So I've tried to readd it and it worked:

class CfgPatches
{
	class mx_rhs_suppressors_compat
	{
		units[]={};
		weapons[]=
		{
		};
		requiredVersion=1;
		requiredAddons[]=
		{
		};
	};
};

class asdg_MuzzleSlot;
class asdg_MuzzleSlot_65: asdg_MuzzleSlot
{
	displayName="$str_a3_cfgweapons_abr_base_f_weaponslotsinfo_muzzleslot0";
	linkProxy="\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE";
	class compatibleItems
	{
		rhsgref_sdn6_suppressor=1;
	};
};

class CfgWeapons
{
	class Rifle_Base_F;
	class arifle_MX_Base_F: Rifle_Base_F {
		class WeaponSlotsInfo: WeaponSlotsInfo {
			class MuzzleSlot: asdg_MuzzleSlot_65 {

};
		};
	};
};

Like I said, it worked, but I know only enough to make it work. Can someone confirm if this could cause any problems?