awdsawds

A few questions

16 hours ago, Nemanjic said:

From main ingame screen, upper right corner. Choose profile.

https://i.imgur.com/reS5ukc.jpg

Controls are saved in "userName.Arma3Profile", that's for sure but if this doesn't work, I will give you the other two files from this location. Don't know exactly what they are but maybe  "Merkuriev.Arma3Profile" doesn't show up if those two missing. 

Hi Nemanjic

It would be great. I'd take it complete and put it in there.

I would have a whole functional profile. Thanks to that, I would get rid of the pop-up(ejection from tank) on the middle button.

👍👍👍

ww2 TANK BATTLE singleplayer

Does anyone know :

tank mod along with singleplayer battle from ww2 ?

I ask because they are mostly non-functional. Has anyone ever played?

4 hours ago, awdsawds said:

It would be great. I'd take it complete and put it in there.

I did a little research, those two files are used variables from missions and Eden settings so it will be useless to you, even more, it can probably harm your settings due to these files being full of tons of mods I use and you probably don't.  

So if I understand well, you fixed the "controls" problem? Glad if that's the case! 

1 hour ago, Nemanjic said:

I did a little research, those two files are used variables from missions and Eden settings so it will be useless to you, even more, it can probably harm your settings due to these files being full of tons of mods I use and you probably don't.  

So if I understand well, you fixed the "controls" problem? Glad if that's the case! 

I wanted your profile because you have removed the getting out / popping out from middle button.

Is that really so?

It occurs to me that this cannot be removed from the middle mouse. So if you have it really removed as you claim. Then it would be good to install it to work.

Are you sure you have deleted the "middle button ejection"?

I did not delete or remove or define anything, it is the default for the middle mouse button which is used to confirm commands from the action menu only.

For an eject command, I use "double V" all my life which is the default too I believe.

This is a very weird bug. My suggestions are:

-check carefully if there is an action menu on the left with the command eject prepared (first from the top) and if so, that's the reason for ejecting when you press mmb.

-also, there is a command menu especially if you are inside of the vehicle that has shortcut commands too. Disembark is one of them. Check if that is the problem.

-start from scratch. New profile. See whats going on

-change eject control to anything else (in controls/vehicle movement) and see if it is responsive to the new keybind.

-If not, I will start from scratch with no mods loaded, save that profile, and send you the file again.

1 hour ago, Nemanjic said:

https://i.imgur.com/reS5ukc.jpg

On same place where you change profile

I have a new profile 1. I deleted the ejection / exit from the tank.

It's still on the middle mouse button in the selection options. Middle mouse ejection/get out (tank).

Does this stupid game have any functional support?

Understand your frustration but Arma isn't stupid but complex and only if every piece is at the correct place, become magic but yes you need to pay with nerves somethimes 🙂

Listen, try this. Go to controls in tabs: vehicle movement, common, plane movement, weapons, helicopter movement, and infantry movement and add the middle mouse button as a bind for anything in these tabs. The red one will be point in the right direction what is the middle mouse used for, it is obvious that is used for something (ejecting). It will look like this:

https://i.imgur.com/qlbFyR8.png

I done this on purpose just to see if any other command is using this as duplicate.

@awdsawds

You need to show some screenshots of your controls, every panel, then screenshots of any mods you have loaded

that would also have controls to be set in addons configuration.

Unless your playing a mission that runs a script that puts the "eject" tank on your MMB i have no idea outside that, again i dont have this issue

i know exactly what controls i use and have setup and what they do.

This is why i said previously to just delete all your controls, and start over, start with vanilla, no mods, no downloaded/subbed missions,

place you and a tank in the editor on VR and test, set everything to vanilla, bare minimum and look.  If theres nothing to influence

what your game loads other then DLC which i might add could also be a DLC that could change your controls.

So what DLC do you have?

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Unless your playing a mission that runs a script that puts the "eject" tank on your MMB i have no idea outside that, again i dont have this issue

Its the action menu...

Then all he had to say was when .......... i scroll my mouse wheel hence the mmb and it brings up the action menu

i get the.... get out   or   eject    actions which i want to remove.

Still there are other things that can change and or influence the function of controls, why i brought up scripts,

and mods. Lets not forget userconfigs like back in the Arma2 days when controls and functions were

added and changed through it.

Regardless using standard game terminology here would have ended this mmb discussion 3 pages ago.

Do i need to compile a list of all the proper Arma terms that we all use so us vets dont look like asses in the future

when we answer the call for help and its someone who cant speak the language using half terms that just gives a partial idea of

what their talking about?     Might as well have played charades.

6 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

[...]

Do i need to compile a list of all the proper Arma terms that we all use so us vets dont look like asses in the future

[...]

Might as well have played charades.

Or Pictionary...

family-guy-its-a-jackal.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Then all he had to say was when .......... i scroll my mouse wheel hence the mmb and it brings up the action menu

i get the.... get out   or   eject    actions which i want to remove.

Still there are other things that can change and or influence the function of controls, why i brought up scripts,

and mods. Lets not forget userconfigs like back in the Arma2 days when you controls and functions were

added and changed through it.

Regardless using standard game terminology here would have ended this mmb discussion 3 pages ago.

when we answer the call for help and its someone who cant speak the language using half terms that just gives a partial idea of

what their talking about?     Might as well have played charades.

Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

I made a new profile and deleted everything. It just doesn't work. Still on the middle mouse button.

Simply I just delete the entire menu from the middle button in the mouse settings.
Nothing else works.

And thank you.

Somewhere I saw the possibility of control on "Apex or Arma 3.

Does anyone know where this selection is?

8 hours ago, awdsawds said:

Still on the middle mouse button.

Ya as its been said its hard coded into the game to have get out and eject when you scroll your mouse wheel,

however you can change that with mods, like this mod for instance edits the action menu

No Actions

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2126300184

All kinds of mods to change how your game plays in my list here

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/231841-steam-workshop-gameplay-mods-compilation-list/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

its hard coded into the game to have get out and eject when you scroll your mouse wheel

Yes, but you can change the "Use selected action" button, which is the real issue here. See you all in three pages.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Ya as its been said its hard coded into the game to have get out and eject when you scroll your mouse wheel,

however you can change that with mods, like this mod for instance edits the action menu

No Actions

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/231841-steam-workshop-gameplay-mods-compilation-list/

👌No Actions is a client side mod that removes useless action menu actions. These can be configured in the CBA settings. Any changes requires a game restart for the changes to take effect.

It looks good. Finally, after two years, I can go out in my tank.👍

The woman who made the original setup shouldn't do this kind of programming.

16 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

No Actions

👍🤨

So I have loaded your mod. How to delete ejection? From the middle button?

I activated the mod and started the game.

Nowhere do I see the setting of this mode and the removal of "ejection.

4 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Never Ending Story 2022!

Nice game menu and option. Friendly option from....

14 hours ago, Harzach said:

you can change the "Use selected action" button, which is the real issue here

@Harzach provided the solution already. no need to use a mod here

ESC > Options > Controls > Common > Use Selected Action > Middle Mouse Btn. > Delete > OK > OK > Continue

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

ESC > Options > Controls > Common > Use Selected Action > Middle Mouse Btn. > Delete > OK > OK > Continue

We are talking here about setting the mode. This mod in the game here.

No Actions

Most functions are allowed to remain there.

This mode allows you to remove unnecessary functions from the middle button. The question is how ...?