Sign in to follow this  
Froggy

VON recording issue

I'm gonna try my best to explain my issue.

When I record my gaming sessions the recording doesn't have my voice when I use the VON. On the bottom left corner when I transmit my name shows up, with the mic and speaker icon next to it. My friends told me they can hear me in game, I'm also able to hear their voices and it gets recorded. I had that issue already using shadowplay and transitioning to OBS I'm having the same issue. I'm able to hear everything but my own voice over VON :hmmm::shrug:

That's because you aren't recording your voice. You need to add an audio input capture source in OBS.

• Like 1

I do have one set. What I’ve noticed is that when I click on the VON button the mic channel doesn’t pick up my voice on the equalizer but people can hear me in game… 

I’m brand new to OBS but I manage to have everything working but catching my in game voice 🤦🏼‍♂️ Discord records me no problem 

I have:

- audio input capture (device set to my microphone)

-game capture (set to [arma:_x64.exe]: arma3)

-Audio output capture (cable-A input. I got the cable vb app to split my audio into separate channels)

cable-A input is set in Arma for the audio output in the options.

- audio output capture (cable-B input discord channel)

and finally audio output capture (cable-C input Spotify channel)

On 4/23/2022 at 12:28 AM, Froggy said:

I’m brand new to OBS but I manage to have everything working but catching my in game voice 🤦🏼‍♂️ Discord records me no problem 

Why do you need the VON if your already using discord, and it works?

When im in coop with the group i play with we are all on discord same channel, so VON is not used.

I use OBS for all my videos, imo learn about how to use OBS, and set it up so you dont have any issues,

here are a couple to start with.

• Like 1

Because I play on a bunch of public servers. My friends are on discord and I still have to talk to other dudes in game. 

I’ve been watching videos and got everything running but capturing my voice through VON 🤣 everything else is fine. As mentioned earlier I had the same issue using nvidia shadowplay so it makes me believe it’s not so much of a OBS issue 🤷🏼‍♂️ I could be wrong here 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Because I play on a bunch of public servers. My friends are on discord and I still have to talk to other dudes in game. 

That would explain it, ok so when you are recording are you pressing a button to speak, or open mic?

OK, so you are capturing four different audio streams:

• mic
  • game
  • Discord
  • Spotify

You say OBS doesn't "see" your mic when you PTT - is this for both in-game VON and Discord? And does it "see" your voice when you speak without PTT?

Keep in mind that at no point is your voice arriving at OBS from anywhere but your mic. It isn't looped back from the game or Discord. So, how do you have the audio input capture set up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

That would explain it, ok so when you are recording are you pressing a button to speak, or open mic?

Correct so I have one button set for discord and another one for comms in game. 
discord gets recorded and in arma I’ve got the mic and speaker icon next to my name when I talk. People can hear me in game. It’s just my in game voice that’s not picked up 

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

OK, so you are capturing four different audio streams:

• mic
  • game
  • Discord
  • Spotify

You say OBS doesn't "see" your mic when you PTT - is this for both in-game VON and Discord? And does it "see" your voice when you speak without PTT?

Keep in mind that at no point is your voice arriving at OBS from anywhere but your mic. It isn't looped back from the game or Discord. So, how do you have the audio input capture set up?

I only see the equalizer going when I PTT with discord. It doesn’t go when I PTT in game. 

let me hop on my computer I’ll take some screenshots, it will be easier to go through this 

Thank you guys! In my infinite wisdom I did not have a capture set for the in-game PTT and only had it for Discord... I set up a second mic capture and now I have my voice recorded. :yay:

Sometimes a set of fresh eyes make the difference! 

• Like 2