Sign in to follow this  
Mxela

How to get BIS_fnc_ambientAnim to work in multiplayer?

Hello, i am struggling with animations in multiplayer, I am aware of methods using switchMove alternatively but as far as I know they do not have the animations i want. I am trying to make a unit sit in a chair, the issue i have is in SP everything works, in MP everything works but when I play MP with another person connected to the server the unit will spawn in the ground, or spawn in a completely different location, I tried to delay the animation, making it so the animation is called in the init.sqf at a later point, which worked initially but after testing again today was no longer working, and the units were back in the ground. I tried many different methods of calling the animation such as:

if (isServer) then { [[UNIT_NAME, "SIT1", "ASIS"], BIS_fnc_ambientAnim] remoteExec ["call"]; };
if (local this) then {[UNIT_NAME, "SIT1", "ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim};
[UNIT_NAME,"SIT2"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;

The most annoying thing is debugging, it's super inconsistent, sometimes it just magically works sometimes it doesn't, and i can't test unless i have another person join the server, as it all works normally if i play the mission in MP alone. I would really appreciate any help, I'm quite lost and don't know what to try, I just want a consistent way to get animations to work, not change the units position and preferably keeping it vanilla not using any mods.