Hi there. I'm pretty new to modding, looking to make a CTI PvP mission with linked sectors. I've spent a few days on and off researching how to do this but haven't come up with any working examples.

I have found a few sources where it is suggested to link an unlock to sector A a trigger to sector B and then link the unlock and trigger together. But this always crashes the editor, and from what I read it crashes everyone's editor that has tried it.

I've also tried reversing the trigger and unlock, as well as adding the trigger and unlock to the sectors triggers in both directions.

Is there anyway to do this using the editor's logic? If not could anyone lead me in the right direction to learning how to script this?

Thanks!

What do you mean by linked sectors?

A sector that has multiple capture areas?

Place a sector module (do not use the area the module provides), for each area needed place an Area location and sync it to the sector module, for each of these locations sync a trigger that defines the area needed.

Example_multipleAreas

Or, sectors that are linked in a chain?

Place a sector, sync to this a MiscUnlock, sync that to a trigger whose Activation is set to the side you want to activate this trigger when that side captures the sector. Place the next sector, sync this to the previously placed trigger.

Example_consecutiveSectors