Snake Man

PMC Ukraine Berdyansk

PMC Ukraine Berdyansk v0.1 for ArmA 3.

A large realistic real world data terrain. Created in 2022.

PMC-Ukraine-Berdyansk-Satellite.jpg

Official PMC Ukraine Berdyansk Homepage.

Changelog PMC Ukraine Berdyansk Changelog.

Dev Diary PMC Ukraine Berdyansk Dev Diary.

Screenshots PMC Ukraine Berdyansk Screenshots.

Download from PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Downloads.

• Like 2

Hey Snake, love the work you are doing on the XL terrains.

Do you have plans to populate some of the maps with buildings down the road or do you consider these in a finished state? Similar to your large desert terrain.

It would make air assault missions pretty interesting as transport from one side of the map to the other side to assault a specified populated area would be a unique dynamic. More requirements for logistics, refueling, fobs, etc.

Thanks

Late 2017 I experimented with random placed buildings but in the end on my opinion they did more harm than good, you can still find several terrains to download today with those hideous building setups. PMC Iraq Al Qaim has properly done buildings in about half of the main city area what I recall (but its not released yet).

It would be nice to get even "VBS quality" cities done, but today there are no automatic way of doing it. In the existing tools you can accurately place about a city block worth of objects at one click. Now how many different type city blocks are there in a large terrain... heh.

In short do I have a plans to add some buildings, yes.

A lot of time is spent to refine the method to create vegetation objects which these terrains have the most, currently those forests and tree lines look pretty nice. At some point I'll try to come up with a way to generate simple city blocks.

• Like 4

Even if you could just populate areas around towns and riverbeds with foliage, that would be awesome

Towns can always be placed by hand if need be.

Even if you were able to place all the buildings down that show up on your maps, it would take years to do with current methods.

Lets hope Arma 4 or whatever they want to call it, will allow maps this large the ability to populate them with objects that wont take decades of your life to do. 

Just populate objects on the map around a specified distance from the player.

PMC Ukraine Berdyansk has 1,336,296 vegetation objects, that is a low number as other larger terrains with bigger forests have several millions some getting close to ten million objects.