BeakedAxe

Suggestion: Matchmaking based on KPE

It's never really bothered me, but it seems many players are less happy with current matchmaking.  They suspect new players have advantages and look to "even the playing field." If Vigor were to go to matchmaking by KPE then it solves everybody's problems...

1) New players get a benefit since by definition their KPE is 0.  So instead of worrying about sweats they get some time to adjust to the game.

2) Loot and scoot players might have higher XP or Battlepass levels, but probably have lower KPE. Again, likeminded players get what they want. Lobbies not full of hardened killers.

3) Hard Core Killers (high KPE) also benefit as they get to play others like themselves.  Sounds like a great way to satiate their bloodlust without ruining the game for others.

Like I said, I'm fine with the way it is now, but if Vigor wants to tweak matchmaking, KPE is the way to go.

Trust me won’t work, you’ll either A: get grinders making “ smurf” accounts with crap kpe just to mess with people or you’ll get people who are good at the game but low kpe due to looting.

Matthew, I agree with "A", but I'm not so sure "B"...I play a loot style (2,000+ encounters) and have a low kpe (0.04).  I go out of my way to avoid gunfights but I understand if they see me they're going to be shooting.  So I do shoot back.

Just because I'd be playing with other low kpe outlanders isn't going to turn me into a murder machine...but if it did, my kpe would rise and I'd move up to tougher matches. It's a self-correcting approach.

• Like 1

I consider myself in the number of the looters. I’m currently about 800 something kills begging my encounters played and drastically repairing that damage. First few years of playing the game I looted and left without fighting much. I know I’m just as skilled as someone with a 5000 kill badge just doesn’t show (yet) in my stats. I imagine anyone with low kpe can have amazing games as well. Thus I just don’t see viability in a kpe guided search criteria, too niche and would split the player base too much. In a larger game like cod or apex maybe? But I feel here it would radically increase wait times for a lobby. Be nice to see a mode like hunger games styling where everyone starts with nothing and has an equal start. Find weapons much like shootout but less plentiful ammo make it more tactical you know? Stops people coming in with portables and bugles and focuses on risk reward looting for weapons before you can even fight 

I always appreciate your reasoned approach to this game.  It helps to have veterans like you keeping the ship going straight,  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I like to think I keep the community going healthy and strong 😄 thank you. Amusingly many of the ideas that have gone up on this forum site have been inplemented with a little time shows we’re being listened to when we create constructive feedback that’s reasonable and well discussed so it does help indeed.

Hmmm 

Edited by hb365
Off subject

Isn’t shoot out and elimination for “sweaty grinders “???

On 4/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Matthew Aiken said:

I consider myself in the number of the looters. I’m currently about 800 something kills begging my encounters played and drastically repairing that damage. First few years of playing the game I looted and left without fighting much. I know I’m just as skilled as someone with a 5000 kill badge just doesn’t show (yet) in my stats. I imagine anyone with low kpe can have amazing games as well. Thus I just don’t see viability in a kpe guided search criteria, too niche and would split the player base too much. In a larger game like cod or apex maybe? But I feel here it would radically increase wait times for a lobby. Be nice to see a mode like hunger games styling where everyone starts with nothing and has an equal start. Find weapons much like shootout but less plentiful ammo make it more tactical you know? Stops people coming in with portables and bugles and focuses on risk reward looting for weapons before you can even fight 

I love the Hunger Games idea where we all go in with nothing and have to find a gun, this would help also with not having to take a year of looting just to upgrade something in my shelter.