simicsko

Set Object Init in script

I would like to place the following code in the init field of an spawned object by a script:

["init", [this, "PHOTOS\Photo_1.jpg", "Target Area"]] call BIS_fnc_initLeaflet

As I have read, the setVehicleinit command has been removed from the Arma, but I have not found a clear replacement for it.

Can anyone show me a solution for this?

Thanks in advance...

Init fields are run before any of the init scripts, so even if this were possible it wouldn't do anything. Check out the Initialization Order. Also, does this require the function to be called in the init field? Why not this:

_myVehicle = createVehicle [etc...];
["init", [_myVehicle, "PHOTOS\Photo_1.jpg", "Target Area"]] call BIS_fnc_initLeaflet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreadedentity said:

Init fields are run before any of the init scripts

Not when the unit is spawned by script during mission runtime. But that's not relevant as setVehicleInit and processInitCommands were removed nine years ago. Your solution is the way.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:29 PM, dreadedentity said:

Init fields are run before any of the init scripts, so even if this were possible it wouldn't do anything. Check out the Initialization Order. Also, does this require the function to be called in the init field? Why not this:

_myVehicle = createVehicle [etc...];
["init", [_myVehicle, "PHOTOS\Photo_1.jpg", "Target Area"]] call BIS_fnc_initLeaflet

It works! Thank You so much. 😉

On 3/30/2022 at 10:56 PM, Harzach said:

Not when the unit is spawned by script during mission runtime. But that's not relevant as setVehicleInit and processInitCommands were removed nine years ago. Your solution is the way. 

Thanks my Bro! 😉