Snake Man

PMC Ukraine Kharkiv

PMC Ukraine Kharkiv v0.1 for ArmA 3.

A very large realistic real world data terrain. Created in 2022.

PMC-Ukraine-Kharkiv-Satellite.jpg

Official PMC Ukraine Kharkiv Homepage.

Changelog PMC Ukraine Kharkiv Changelog.

Dev Diary PMC Ukraine Kharkiv Dev Diary.

Screenshots PMC Ukraine Kharkiv Screenshots.

Download from PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Downloads.

• Like 4

Bizarre comment, author clearly states these terrains are WIP and object placement isn't complete. 

These terrains, like all PMC terrains, are perfect for high altitude combat scenarios, that's where the highly detailed satellite imagery really shines.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, EO said:

Bizarre comment, author clearly states these terrains are WIP and object placement isn't complete. 

These terrains, like all PMC terrains, are perfect for high altitude combat scenarios, that's where the highly detailed satellite imagery really shines.

I think they (he) are just hype in the war ((
their territory Iran_Jahrom is full of houses (some of them even with rooms), but I think their placement is automatically generated according to the texture (not ideal, but there are houses in many places), why they don't automatically generate houses in these territories, I do n't understand. And over and over again publish the city's empty territories (I repeat, just for hype)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, ShaKodemon said:

I do n't understand.

You should try making dozens of your own very large maps and editting a bunch of them at the same time. Should be pretty easy to populate them with the thousands of objects required while still keeping them playable with view distances much larger than all of Altis.

I guess it's comments like these that form part of the reason for Snake Man to avoid the workshop.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ShaKodemon said:

(I repeat, just for hype)

Which, in this context, is worth exactly nothing. Literally. They are free to use. In fact, it costs him time and money to produce them. And they certainly aren't going to change anyone's mind about geopolitical matters. That's a preposterous notion.

• Like 5

On 3/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, Harzach said:

And they certainly aren't going to change anyone's mind about geopolitical matters.

just to note. homepages of Ukrainian terrains contains some "conflict hystory" text, providing point of view of one side of conflict. didn't find same on other terrains homepages.

• Thanks 1

Don't even go there, no politics in PMC terrain addons topics, thank you very much.

• Like 6

If these maps are all WIP as suggested then why are they in Addons & Mods: Complete rather than Addons & Mods: Discussion with all the other WIP mods/maps?

20 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

If these maps are all WIP as suggested then why are they in Addons & Mods: Complete rather than Addons & Mods: Discussion with all the other WIP mods/maps?

Because this section of the forum allows such releases:

ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

This forum is for the release and subsequent discussion of addons/mods.

Only addons/mods which have content freely available for download should have threads in here.

Addons that are released in alpha/beta/final state are covered by this "Complete" forum.

• Like 1

Fair enough, seems a little counter intuitive, but I don't make the rules 😁

Been planning on some new missions for this and other Ukrainian terrains, nothing has been edited yet, but few nice designs start to form up.

• Like 1