Sertica

New Arma PC Specs

I'm looking at parts for a new PC:

ASUS PRIME B660M-A D4

Intel i3-12100F (or i5-12400F if that is not in stock by the time I order)

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB

I want to buy enough RAM that I can turn off page file without concern for error.  I currently use Windows 7 with 8GB and there is disk swapping on high pop servers.  E.g., how much RAM would be used on an invade and annex server with 40 players and RHS?  I will still be using Windows 7 if it runs on this hardware.

Nope!

Wasting your time with those specs, suggest you either save some money or look higher,

imo no less then the following:

• Windows 10 64bit
  • i7-700k or better cpu
  • Nvidia 1060 or better
  • 16gb ram minimum at 2800mhz , better would be 32gb or more and at 3200+mhz
  • Game on an SSD
  • PSU at least 750w or better

Should be asking your question here btw, ask Oldbear and the others here, they can better help, you get the best specs

and also tell you what best parts to get based on your budget, they will also tell you about the performance

of your would be specs.

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Nope!

Wasting your time with those specs, suggest you either save some money or look higher,

Buying i7 for Arma 3 makes no sense.

With the combination of the game on an SSD, a decent gpu, and 32gb of ram at 3600 freq and a 1000w psu

i wonder how i get 55+ fps in most of what i play, no pun intended, even though Arma 3 is very cpu demanding,

if you couple that with a decent gpu, ssd, and ram then the cpu will be supported, its like the table top of a table being

the cpu and the legs are the components, they support the table and they best work together. 

Even old bear whom i will call has stated he has run an I7-700k, regardless i get your point, and i made a

mistake about your choice on the i-3 and i-5, so looking them up which i should have before forgive me, they look pretty decent

maybe @oldbear could better help you here?

12th gen is a very significant leap! You'd be surprised of the performance per core per Hz.
The i3-12100 compared to a i9-9900k has 20% better perf with 1 and 2 core loads (like Arma), few % with 4 core load and then it falls a bit behind.
About the same up-to 4 cores with 11700k.
(A source: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-9900K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-12400/4028vs4122)

Next bump would be with every price jump, 12400 which adds 2 cores, per core ~same, then there's 12600k - from which onwards there are also efficiency cores, and each core is a bit better, not 12600 (without K, that one doesn't).