Any chance for a Steam Link?

You'll find download link from PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Downloads.

couple a months i can't download any Torrent Magnet files from PMC site

There is help info on our download page.

• Like 2

don't do torrents, so I guess the answer is a no then for steam upload or alternative download links.

I like the thicker forests and tree lines you've got going @Snake Man, compared with some of the more spread out forest from your other terrains. Few oddities with some of the water inland of Mariupol itself but I know it's still a WIP so I'll leave it alone.

There was one thing though I wanted to bring up though. In the ArmA launcher, the mod is listed as PMC Home, which is what you have in your mod.cpp:

actionName = "PMC Home";

Good effort though, as usual. These big terrains make for some good variety for large maps.

• Thanks 1

don't do torrents

Why is that?

Thought that was an Urban terrain?

It is a huge terrain with most of the land mass as farmland, also in the south there is a relatively speaking large ocean, Sea of Azov.

some of the more spread out forest from your other terrains.

Most of the other PMC terrains date back to 2017/2018, so much editing methods have changed since, to make terrains look and work better.

In the ArmA launcher, the mod is listed as PMC Home, which is what you have in your mod.cpp

Addon, not mod. I never used bis arma3 launcher so no idea what is shows, that config works ok in arma3. also the bis wiki description of actionName example shows "Github" so that certainly is no addon name.

Can you show a screenshot how it looks on that launcher thing?

7XrClbn.jpg

3 hours ago, Snake Man said:

Addon, not mod.

When I say "mod" I'm just speaking in general terms. But that's how Mariupol shows up in the launcher.

However, I edited the .cpp for Mariupol and moved the line name = "PMC Ukraine Mariupol v0.3"; to the first line and the name showed up correctly in the launcher. I moved it back down again just to be sure and was showing up as PMC Home again. I guess the order of name and actionName matters.

Haha unbelievable, order matters, heh these bis bugs are awesome. Thanks for letting me know, I'll start to put the name into first line now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Snake Man said:

Why is that?

It is a huge terrain with most of the land mass as farmland, also in the south there is a relatively speaking large ocean, Sea of Azov.

Why don't you use Steam Workshop?

Not sure I need to have a reason for not using torrents but I also don't fly a 747's. I guess I will have to pass on this terrain unless there is an alternative download site. Loved PMC stuff since OFP back in the day and used WRP tool quite a bit for OFP.

Does the terrain have any towns and roads or is it just terrain like some of your other terrains?

thanks for all your hard work!!

Oh well your loss then, thanks for posting anyways.

Set connection to a private network, still cant start downloading.

Yesterday I was able to download one of the Balkan maps after ten minutes wait for trackers to be loaded from the magnet. But Mariupol for example, cant download it is already 2 hours waiting for the torrent to start downloading.  Any reason why?

Just wait long enought and it started. Ok sorry..

Edited by Nemanjic
solved

Very rarely when torrent wont start it helps to stop if fully and restart again (kind of sounds like "have you tried turning your computer off and back on again" helpdesk advice hehe). But issues are mostly because badly or not at all configured torrent client settings including port forwarding. qBittorrent has good config wizard which usually makes everything just work.

Dunno why people having such issues, I've used torrents since the technology was invented and had no such issues (after learning how to configure client/modem-router properly).

Cant imagine what would I do without such technology today.

• Like 1

I understand completely. But still, I can't get the file. It was on half to finish download today and suddenly stopped with no peers or seeders. It is good to additionally post on steam in general, but this is also a good way I just don't know what is going wrong. Downloaded the Montenegro map yesterday easily but Mariupol v0.3 cant get today.

If you can provide me with long running google.drive mirror, I'm happy to send all currently torrent seeded PMC releases to you (on last check this was 285gb).

Otherwise PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Downloads page has help link howto use torrents.

• Thanks 1

Of course. Thank you for both your work and help now. PM you now for further actions. 

Sorry just came back to edit my previous message, just to avoid any further confusion. In short, it is not very realistic option its more like an example why PMC releases are being torrent distributed. But hey, guess it doesn't hurt to ask 😉

Edit: further edit, hopefully we can put this addon release distribution issue to bed finally, its 2022 I am done explaining it over and over again.

• Thanks 1

It would be so cool if it didn't use CUP, still, the map is good, I'm afraid to imagine how long it takes to create such terrains