h4wek

Change mass of Heli work in oposite way for takeoff

During many tests I observe that simulation of helicopter work in crazy way in nonRTD mode, vehicle in vehicle transport system makes mass change on heli but it not cause for example problems with start/takeoff of heli !!!

At fact it cause oposite effect beacouse engine calculate power of take off force in conjunction with actual (not defined in geometry) mass of helicopter.  I try to reduce this by addforce or using invisible mass object connected on rope to heli but both of those things not work correclty (addforce is not good solution for MP and causing effect of damping heli on ground) and ropes are too strachy (ropes definitions are wrongle made too, rope with too less strechy broke tot fast is no parameter like strenght of rope for example static mass of 5t rope is able to hold without broke/or strech) to get in one correct place object wth few tons mass is not possibile.  I know   - > somebody told that RTD is solution but this was developed truly for SP game like TOH so in arma it cause many errors with physix (like exploding or throwing in space helis).

So question to BIs programmers if is possibility to make this mass/takeoff dependency in nonRTD heli make too worki (similar situation is with planes (more mass is not causing problems with takeoff)) so transport planes are very unrealistic vehicles by this limitation/notincluded feature). 

Sugestion for solve problem - (In game engine) limit calculation of main rotor vector/force power only to start (init of heli in game by it's default mass from geomety LOD), any later changes of mass not affect automatically on power of this force but change power of down force acording to eventual mass change stay the same.

Evantually make possibility to change/(and stop of recalculate form mass in auto mode)  this force value independent to mass changes after init of heli, this could be done by some command like for example ("setautoclimbforce disable" and "setclimbforce (mass)" to use eqsisting algorithm but only when is needed not for every change of mass in auto.

BTW this rule should be apllied to planes simulation too (setting any mass to planes not causing problems with flying - but only with inertia values).

Now it Is possibile to make similar effect by scripts and addforce command but on MP this is terrible when refresh rate must be about 30Hz.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, h4wek said:

So question to BIs programmers if is possibility to make this mass/takeoff dependency in nonRTD heli make too worki (similar situation is with planes (more mass is not causing problems with takeoff)) so transport planes are very unrealistic vehicles by this limitation/notincluded feature). 

If they haven't changed it in ~9 years, don't hold your breath.

😞 maybe at last they do something more than another shoting range target plates.

Yeah, I told you AFM is the solution. I haven't got problems with AFM or ViV while in AFM, or slingload in AFM for that instance - except if I made bad configs or otherwise did something outside of the typical solutions/guidelines. But as Jackal said - you better forget about it, it's not gonna happen.