Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

Sun reflecting of weapon surfaces

Select your model and press ctrl+E for Vertex Properties. Under 'Lighting', click 'Shining'. There you go. smile.gif

I am not sure if I understand the question, but I think the question is not about "shining" flag, rather about specular highlights visible with HW T&L on some weapons. Check config sections CfgMaterials and CfgTextureToMaterial to see how this can be done.

Did you check commented config on Breathe web page? Look for cfgMaterials.hpp file.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Feb. 17 2003,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you check commented config on Breathe web page? Look for cfgMaterials.hpp file.<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* the config in the breathe site seems to be from 1.46, which would be nice to be upgraded to the most recent version wink.gif

Meanwhile there seems to be a config from 1.85(?) included in the binarizer zip where the cfgMaterials.hpp file is found.

Guest BratZ

I'd like to use this feature also...I was playing BF1942 and the Jap plane Achai is white and shiny.

Guest BratZ

I put a cfgmaterials line in my cpp and I cant make it do anything...just need to see a model using the example

well i guess you could try the following:

Add a custom texturetomaterial section to your config:

class CfgTextureToMaterial

{

class CustomRifleMetal

{

textures[]={"data\m16_pmp_1s.pac","data\m16_pmp_ph.pac","data\m16_pmp_lod.paa","data\m16_pmp_lod_gif.pac","data\m4_1.pac","data\m4_2.pac","data\m4_miridla.pac","data\xm177_1s.pac","data\xm177_ph.pac","data\xm177_details.pac"};

material="#RifleMetal";

};

There you could put in your custom made textures.....

And then add a custom material definition to your cpp:

class CfgMaterials

{

class CustomRifleMetal

{

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};

specular[]={0.200000,0.200000,0.200000,0};

specularPower=5;

emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};

};

};

};

could be a solution......... and using the variabels in cfgmaterials you could also change the strenght of reflections and so *thinksofbratz'plane*.......

Guest BratZ

Wow ,Great ,Thanx!!! That is what I needed and I will be trying it again.

I only tried the cfgmaterials line