Jacchio

Arma 2 Texture problem: low res, flicks, and strange bugs

4ABCD9FB-34AA-4EFF-B774-1291D52ADCBD.pngHello! I bought recently Arma 2 complete collection=all dlc-expansions pack

I played Arma 2 a lot of years ago (retail) on a worse machine that the one that i have and i dont remenber this kind of performance

this is what happens: changing graphics settings affect my FPS (at low set high fps and at high set less fps) ok? Well, the problem is that the game almost look the same, ugly. It looks even worse or similar to Arma 1! And im talking from the lowest to the highest setting. Yes, some things change a bit, but the big graphic thing remains the same. Every texture looks like it is low resolution, like OFP!! Im not pretending to play at the highest settings, but at least, medium one with a logic look

Besides that, there is some texture popping up, or slow rendering (when you go far from an object)

the strange thing is that, some things have excellent detail, for example: the humvee has arma 1 textures but you can see the water/moist on the headlights

The player ped and the IA look decent too

Its like, there is a texture, but there isnt a 3d thing going on 

And the weirdest thing: i can run arma 3 on decent fps and, looking more normal and logic 

my specs: 

intel i5-5200u

intel hd620

Ram 8Gb DDr4

And when playing the game isnt even close to 60/70% on the cpu 

thanks!!

4ED569E2-39A7-4946-9CD9-2728D0D954FA.png

57CA0FD3-6853-476F-B9AC-722BA9B7E536.png

*i took these images with the highest settings possible!

9ADFE0C7-D91A-4D2A-A9A3-7BD608C72D25.png

it's not a problem with the game, you're playing on a notebook what can you expect... integrated graphics, etc, no matter what you say you play such a game and you have no problems, it's still a notebook with onboard video, it's absolutely normal that they happen things like that, some games will work better than others, nothing more, maybe with another video driver the problem will be solved, there are people who play on notebooks with integrated video and within everything quite acceptable, but from what was said above, it is normal that things like that happen, some games won't even work others yes, try updating the video drivers, or if it's the newest, try installing a different version.

I have 3 desktop computers, one new and two old, the oldest is an Athlon II 250 + 4GB Ram + Sapphire HD 2600 XT 256 Megas DDR3

In the older PC ArmA2 It works great, and as you will see the configuration is not a big deal, but the big difference is made by the dedicated video card, even if it is 256 megabytes of video it is still better than an integrated video.

Anyway... too much talk, as I said before, try the video drivers to see how it goes.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, dalber24 said:

it's not a problem with the game, you're playing on a notebook what can you expect... integrated graphics, etc, no matter what you say you play such a game and you have no problems, it's still a notebook with onboard video, it's absolutely normal that they happen things like that, some games will work better than others, nothing more, maybe with another video driver the problem will be solved, there are people who play on notebooks with integrated video and within everything quite acceptable, but from what was said above, it is normal that things like that happen, some games won't even work others yes, try updating the video drivers, or if it's the newest, try installing a different version.

I have 3 desktop computers, one new and two old, the oldest is an Athlon II 250 + 4GB Ram + Sapphire HD 2600 XT 256 Megas DDR3

In the older PC ArmA2 It works great, and as you will see the configuration is not a big deal, but the big difference is made by the dedicated video card, even if it is 256 megabytes of video it is still better than an integrated video.

Anyway... too much talk, as I said before, try the video drivers to see how it goes.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, i know integrated graphics can cause such problems but, taking note that i most of the games worked pretty normal, and, that arma 1/arma 3 seemed ok, i wanted to discard a “bug”, a compatibility issue, something with windows or just a base game “default” that i didnt know. I will try with the drivers and see what happens. 
regards!