Andy16823

Arma 3 Support Module not Working

Hello 🙂 im working on a mission where the player starts as civilian. While he is playing its possible to change a side with a action menu. I use the following script to change the players side

_playerPos = position player;
selectNoPlayer;
_grp = createGroup west;
_unit = _grp createUnit [ "B_Soldier_F",  _playerPos, [], 0, "FORM"];
selectPlayer _unit;
[player, bsReq, bsHeliTransport] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink;
hint "Welcome to the army. You can go to the arsenal now and get your equipment solider";

as you see i want to link the player with the support module. But nothing happens. There is nothing saying that support is available or showing up in the support tab. 

Hi @Andy16823; welcome to the BI forums :).

I don't have experience with BIS_fnc_addSupportLink, but I have scripted with modules. They usually interact by synching with objects (such as the player in the support requester module). So you could place your modules in Eden, then execute:

_module synchronizeObjectsAdd player;

Instead of BIS_fnc_addSupportLink. I should think :hmmm:.

At least you should give a little time creating unit, selecting it and applying code with player command. I mean spawn the code and add sleep after unit creation and selection

Strange idea creating a new unit for a switch. You could just joinSilent your player on the west group, then equip it with setUnitLoadout. (getUnitLoadout can help for customizing/saving in loadout)

Thanks for the anwsers. I will test it. Well i just created a normal bluefor unit and set is as player and the module is working. But if i start with a civilian unit (whats my normal plan is) then the module isnt working. 

Or you can use the selectplayer function in game and just have that player synced to the module.

I'm on my phone right now so can't put in the link but make a search on the Wikipedia for selectplayer and it will show you what to do.

6 hours ago, Andy16823 said:

Thanks for the anwsers. I will test it. Well i just created a normal bluefor unit and set is as player and the module is working. But if i start with a civilian unit (whats my normal plan is) then the module isnt working. 

That's normal. Civilian side doesn't work for support (module).

But you can setCaptive your BLUFOR unit if you want to start as civilian with a working support.

Anyway, the single line:

[player, bsReq, bsHeliTransport] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink

is enough as far as your player is BLU or INDEP or OPFOR, captive or not.

PS:  bis_fnc_addSupportLink already include several synchronizeObjectsAdd commands.

Well even with setCaptive  it isnt working. My other idea is if there is a way to let the player decide at the mission start if he wants to start as bluefor or redfor.

8 hours ago, Andy16823 said:

Well even with setCaptive  it isnt working.

Without your code, I can't help. If you test that in editor, that works.

8 hours ago, Andy16823 said:

My other idea is if there is a way to let the player decide at the mission start if he wants to start as bluefor or redfor. 

usual way and far better than any selectPlayer attempt.